About AKAI GXC-570D

Username: Fax

Post Number: 1
I recently bought an AKAI GXC-570D cassette deck,(made in japan on july 1976)but I find that when I play LN(typeI),Chrome(typeII) tape,the treble seems a little subdued.Otherwise it sounded great,very warm.I don't very know why,so if you knows the reason, please tell me why and how can I solve it.I can also provide you this machine's service manaul if you need.

Thanks!!

Harry
Unregistered guest
Hi Fax I have the Akai GXC-570 for over 3 months
now.Mine when I press play doesnt engage at all.
I ve been trying to find the service manual for such a long time now with no luck.Could you please assist me!I would appreciated so much if
you could publish it here or contact me!I am sorry that I dont know how to assist you.

Thank you!

Anonymous

You can buy this service manual at http://www.w7fg.com/manuals.php?find=A&page=2
for US$18.

Anonymous

Ive had mine for about 6 years and ive used it extensively.Its proved to be very reliable.If they need fixing they can be a pain because of the complicated circuitry.Even after nearly 30 years these tape decks walk over anything modern.Ive collected Akai tapedecks for years now and the GCX-570 is the prime piece of my collection.Cheers Quinn

Username: Gzemba

Hello, I recently bought an AKAI GXC-570D cassette deck. Evereything works great, except for the Dolby system. The Dolby Integrated Circuit needs to be replaced: could anybody help me with the necessary IC information to look for a replacement, or indicate me a shop where to get it? Many thanks in advance. Guille.

Reuven Green
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how much one of these units is worth? Someone gave us one and we are thinking of selling it?

kesneedshelp
Unregistered guest
hi i have had my gxc-570d for about 2 years and now i am having problems with the fast forward supply side freewheeling and eating up tapes but this only happens at the beginning of the tapes and not half way through i have purchased the "preliminary service manual" from the w7fg website but i need to find a actual service manual which has locations relating to the ic board any help would be most appreciated

kesneedshelp
Unregistered guest
"nobody knows the trouble i've seen".... well i guess all you guys must be scraching your heads on this one since there's no back-talk on my problem. well, thanks and have a nice day.

Username: Kester

anybody own an gxc-570dII?

Username: Kester

Post Number: 2
"You can buy this service manual at http://www.w7fg.com/manuals.php?find=A&page=2
for US$18."

went and bought this manual. turned out to be a "preliminary manual" not a service manual. i found this site;

http://www.servicemanuals.net/(owklq02elmduhmvnjwrtdj55)/results.aspx?type=SM&brand=151&model=gxc-570d

selling the service manual for $16.99! it's a photocopy of the manual but the pages are clear and readable. have a great day!

Anonymous

I OWN A AKAI GXC-570 D AND IAM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH TAPES BEING CHEWED UP ON PLAY. I HAVE SERVICE MANUAL BUT NEED HELP FROM ANYONE OUT THERE
ALSO PROBLEM ON FAST FORWARD AND REWIND IT STOPS ON LOAD ANY HELP

Anonymous

Hey guys-n-gals i am ABOUT to buy one of these. is this a 3-head-deck ? have lots-o-different decks from TCD 310 to Pioneer 900 to Teac 450 - none yet working thou. There's a site in bulgaria i understand that has SOME manuals in .rar for free. try a 'google' :-))

Unregistered guest
I bought a mint AKAI 570D II about a year ago with a Dolby circuit issue from a man who couldn't be bothered. Had a friend fix the problem and gave it a complete tune up. Works great now! WHAT SOUND QUALITY!! I love the motorized cover and cool soft touch controls. I also have a GX-F95 and a 400D (open reel). I plan on making plenty of recordings and playing them on the car stereo... AKAI FOREVER

Unregistered guest
Sorry folks! The GXC-325D's sound is unsurpassed! The GXC-570D doesn't have those discus-sized flywheels and doesn't have an AC vacuum cleaner motor. I challenge any GXC-570D or GXC-570D II owner to a sound comparison test!

Unregistered guest
PS. Does anyone know where one can obtain VU-meter illumination lamps?

Thanx and no hard feelings :-)

Unregistered guest
I Have a GXC 570D & 570D II. Both have the same problem. The sensi touch controls don't work on either of them. Can anybody give me any info on what might be wrong.

Unregistered guest
I have a GXC 570D II.The pitch control does not work and at the moment it is very high.Can anybody help with the whole electronics piece ot the IC

Username: Hugginduff

Cincinnati, Ohio

I have a Akai gxc 510d...what is the difference between that and the 570d?

Username: Crimsontide

Hi,

I am affraid I cannot help anybody with the above problems. I have that deck for three days and do not have know much about it. Nor I have any manuals.
I am hoping however that some of you more expierience users may help me to solve my problem.My akai gxc-570d generates audible buzzing sound form main motor.

When the machine is on, the motor is also on even if it does not play. It generates buzzing sound. Is it normal?
I would not think so.
I have another akai cs-34d, and motor is perfect - completly silent, just not there.

Any comments will be very apritiated.

Thanks

Username: Dgyuro

Tucson, AZ USA

HELLO.
I need a large knob for the AKAI GXC-570. Anyone have a parts machine? I also need the remote and microphones, and manuals. I just got this machine and haven't tested it yet.
THANKS

Username: Dgyuro

Tucson, AZ USA

HELLO.
I need a large knob for the AKAI GXC-570D. Anyone have a parts machine? I also need the remote and microphones, and manuals. I just got this machine and haven't tested it yet.
THANKS

Username: Ddino69

Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

No way, the GXC-325D's is much older technology, and cannot compare to the GXC-570DII which has logic contols, more advanced head technology and calibration. Freqency response and dynamic range is unsurpassed and agree to any double blind sound test...

Reading this
http://www.telesoft-design.com/VINTAGE-AKAI-GXC-570D,i120141535555,c71574.html
I got intrigued by this phrase:

Calibration for left and right record sides. Manual Azimuth Calibration

Is this true? Can this Akai model be calibrated?

If anybody has either or both the user and service manuals, or can recommend a place where to buy them, I'd be very grateful.

All the best

Post Number: 3
Hi,

I realized that my difficulties with the saturation of highs when Dolby is on are related to some adjustable trimmers that control the Dolby circuit itself, that is on a board rather than a chip.

Could anybody share the service manuals for Akai GXC-570D? A user manual would be also very useful for other issues, like calibrating the tape or the azimuth.

Many thanks in advance.

All the best

Username: Fredforever

Hello all,
I have an Akai 570 D II to sell. My father bought it in 78, and all work properly. You'll find it in eBay.fr I also have its electric diagram !
Regards,
Fred

Username: Opuswerk

Hello,

I'm new to this forum as i'm new to vintage tape players in general. I've recently got my hands on a GXC-570Dii. However for an unknown reason to me, it simply doesn't want to play the tapes at a normal speed. So every time I press play, it simply starts to play the tape as if it was fast forwarding it, but not quite as fast.
I've been looking for the manual all over the net, but I can't seem to find one specific to the Dii model which is the one I have. Would love it if any one could help me getting it to work as it should

Cheers,

Hendrik
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us