My first setup... i need upgrades

Silver Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 191
I have a Cambridge Audio 640A v2 Oppo DV-980H Im playing with ELT525M from AV123 there on Sanus speaker stands I have Ultralink speaker cables and Nordost interconnect from Amp to cd... Im thinking about what i need to upgrade.. i want to do new speakers (towers or bookshelves) but i was thinking a dedicated cd player or DacMagic... i also play movies on this but music is the main focus.. I have connected my PS3 and Xbox on it...

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13465
Abe, what qualities do you want to enhance/what deficiencies do you want to address?

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Well i want to get the full potential out of my Amp so ill need speakers, I cannot give up my Oppo because of SACD ( the only player id be able afford that can do it all ) but i feel i wont be able the full potential of my oppo... i lisyen to alot of music jazz, rock, pop, rap/Hip-hop, world my music interests are very wide....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13468
Have you heard any of your componants used to their 'full potential', in any setting, in your opinion?

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
Nope.. tell you truth all my components have been bought blindly or based on reviews... only auditioning i did was in PA when i was looking for an Integrated i audioned the Nad C326BEE with B&W bookshelves ( XT model ) and Nad 565BEE cd player but i bought the CA 640A cause it was on clerance on audio advior...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13470
My next suggestion is not a fun one, but can be cheap.
Look at your room layout, placement and acoustics.
The room is over 50% of the result.
Stop buying, start listening and do some reading on room acoustics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us