Pioneer 912K and a few other ?

Anonymous
Anyone have any opinions on this receiver? Is it 7.1 or 6.1? Descriptions I've seen say both. Also, does 7.1 mean that you can have 5.1 in one room and 2 speakers say in another room, or does it have to be multi-source receiver? Is this one of them? I'm sure it doesn't have the sound of H/K, Onkyo, but if it's 7.1 THX, seems pretty reasonable for 300. I could be waaayyyy off though. I've heard H/K 325 (awesome). I just don't know if I want to spend $ for H/K 325 like I want, or should I just suck it up and pay another $200 for it? Was thinking of getting the Klipsch Quintets or JBL Northridge Series, or maybe Athena Point 5's, or Energy. Small to Medium sized room, and about 70/30 movies/music. What do you all suggest???

G.DawG
Anon
The 912 is 6.1 with two mono surround back channels. Also it is not THX. 7.1 means there are 2 fronts, a center, 2 rear speakers, and TWO rear center speakers.(6.1 is the same with ONE rear center speaker)

You cant compare a Pioneer to an H/K, but you can compare an Elite to an H/K. One person saw a 6070 for 219$ somewhere, sorry I cant remember where, but check the internet. Have you looked at the Elite 41?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us