Marantz cd 5003

Username: Cla6665

Post Number: 2
Hi , I have the opportunity to buy a Marantz cd5003 for my system at a very good price. Does anybody have any info on the player
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 445
Unless your name is Dusty Vawter, that is an unfortunate choice of usernames.

Post Number: 3
I am sorry but I don't understand what you mean

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 446
http://www.ciaudio.com/

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 473
Chris, I think his user name is claudio not ciaudio. Claudio is a very popular and common Italian name...not that he's necesarily Italian.

Claudio, I don't know much about that piece of equipment. You may need to wait a little for a response.

Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1257
I like the upper end marantz players (I own the 8001) but have no experience with this model.

If you like it, it is a good player for you.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 447
My apologies of course Claudio.

Post Number: 4
No worries Chris, and George ..very very good, it is cla6665, and yes my name is Claudio and I am originally from Italy. Going back to the cd player I will try to find one in a local store and hear it, I just really like Marantz equipment.. Thanks for the replies

Bronze Member
Username: Hoanghai2k

Melbourne, VIC Australia

Post Number: 39
im also consider at the marantz cd5003. i was going to buy 6002 but the 5003 has just come out and at good price too, so i look forward to have all comment. My eqpt will be Monitor Audio Bronze RB2, Marantz 7001 apm, cdp 6002 or either 5003. cheer... room 3,5 x 5m maple floor

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3456
We have recently taken in the new Marantz players and amplifiers and I have to grudgingly admit that on SACD they're actually OK. I still hate them on CD though.

Nicely made for the money, but that's it...:-(

Bronze Member
Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 42
Hi Claudio

Marantz CD6002 is better then the 5003 . there is no major improvements on 5003 except the exteriors.

Post Number: 5
Thank you , the only problem is that Marantz didn't introduce the 6002 in the US. What would be a comparable cd player
Thank you

Username: Adhiyasa38

Post Number: 1
i just buy marantz cd 5003, but bass is weak, soundstage is so so. Before, marantz user, cd 67 se (singapore) and cd 17(japan), which sound is excellent.
CD 5003 (made in china) is entry level class, you can see from the box, thin steel cover, very eager to tweak, inside can divide laser optic ( no brand, made in china ) 1. control and display pcb, 2 small power supply with power standby pcb (pcb single layer, thin made in china), 3 pcb ( double layer good made like made in japan) for control laser optic, new microprocesor from Toshiba TC94A70FG, CD and mp3 clock and last, pcb for dac ( single side, thin and bend complete with traditional marantz opamp from jrc 1058.
NO audiphile grade capacitor, only black capacitor KOSHIN brand (local china). Similar like NAD tuner i bought year 2000 made in china, and need lamp replacement 1 month after using.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8960
Must be those dadburned Chinese...

Username: Mackss

Montral, Qubec Canada

MARANTZ - CD 5003 COMPACT DISC PLAYER

Announcing the New Affordable Reference CD Player: The Marantz CD 5003!

Finally an affordable CD player that uses audiophile-grade parts originally developed for the Marantz Reference Series CD players. First of all, the most important part of any CD player is the analog output stage, and finally Marantz has developed an entry-level player which incorporates their world-renown HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) first developed to meet the challenge of reproducing the subtle nuances of the original Compact Disc. In the Marantz CD 5003, they use the SA2 version for the critical analog circuit to insure smooth and ultra-fast signal transfer.

The D/A converters themselves come from Cirrus Logic. Yes, they've used them before, but only in far more expensive products. They are capable of handling high definition audio data streams (DSD and 24-bit/192 kHz PCM signals) without losing their composure. You might think they're a bit of overkill for CD reproduction. But wait until you hear your favorite CDs played back on the CD 5003!

Gold-plated output terminals, a high-current headphone amp, a proprietary "Audio EX" EX mode which bypasses any of most of the signal path for a more direct sound. Want to turn off the display to keep noise at bay, go ahead! You want to adjust pitch, speed it up or slow it down... the CD 5003 will let you do that, too!

We've finally convinced Marantz that a player of this caliber should have a detachable AC cord and the CD 5003 has one! You can now use any of our high quality, C-7 Style upgrade power cables to upgrade the performance of the CD 5003. Click here for our selection of C-7 Power Cables.

The Marantz CD-5003 plays more than just conventional CDs. It's ready for CD-R and CD-RW discs with MP3 and WMA files, too. So you can listen to your favorite playlists with full CD convenience. The high density fluorescent display also shows CD Text. Simply press the remote's TEXT button to see the album title, track title, artist and composer name, etc.

Everything is housed in a new chassis that combines the structural advantages of extruded aluminum with the resonance absorption characteristics of glass-reinforced resin... and the sculptured beauty of its front panel speaks of a component twice its price!

All in all, the Marantz CD-5003 is a supremely attractive CD player. A true audiophile CD player which lets you hear every detail, the CD-5003 gets everything off the disc. The most flexible, affordable reference CD player Marantz has ever built! The CD 5003 even comes with a three year warranty!

• Sophisticated new aluminum/reinforced resin front panel
• Analog audio circuits featuring HDAM®-SA2
• High performance Cirrus Logic stereo D/A converter
• Current-buffered headphone output
• Audio EX mode for super-quiet performance
• MP3/WMA playback capability
• Variable pitch control
• Adjustable Quick Replay
• CD-Text, MP3/WMA tag data display
• Independent gold plated analog output jacks

FEATURES
Playback Formats: CD, CD-R/-RW (CD-DA/MP3/WMA)
Power Transformer EI
Display Off
CD Text
Random/Repeat Play
Recording Edit Mode
AMS (Auto Music Scan) Mode
Peak Search
Disc Changeable In Play
Pitch Control
Headphone level Control

IN/OUTPUTS
AUDIO
Headphone Out
Analog L&R Out: Independent Gold Plated RCA
Digital Optical Out: 1
Digital Coaxial Out: 1

SPECIFICATIONS
AUDIO SECTION
Format 16-Bit Linear PCM, MP3, WMA,
Sampling Frequency CD:44.1kHz, MP3/WMA:32,44.1,48kHz
Dynamic Range: 100dB
Frequency Response: 2Hz - 20kHz
THD: 0.002%
S/N Ratio: 110dB

GENERAL
Color: Black
Front Panel: Aluminum/Glass-reinforced resin
Remote Control: Yes
Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
Power Consumption: 14W
Dimensions W x H x D: 17 5/16" x 4 1/8" x 13 3/8"
Weight: 11.2 lbs
Warranty: 3 Years (Manufacturer)

I purchased it a month ago.very satisfied.

Silver Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 258
wake up the kids, let out the dog. a CDP thread where the word "apollo" did not pop up.

it's a revolution.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2200
Apollo

Silver Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 259
http://www.appaloosa.org/angel.html
wrong forum.

Meant Appaloosa.

Username: Johnjohnjohn

I don't think where the CD5003 is made necessarily has any bearing on its quality. The SA8001 (which I own) is also made in China and it sounds fabulous; it is also very well built. As with everything else it's a matter of economics. A player that costs $350 is going to be marginal at best no matter where it comes from. The one possible exception I've found is the Pioneer DV58 (made in Thailand) which I recent paid $375. For a universal player this thing has surprisingly good bass and it plays just about everything one can throw at it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us