Mc C45 v. ARC MP1

Username: Wxnet

Issaquah, Washington USA

Post Number: 7
My question may be best answered as a matter of taste and goals, but I thought I'd throw this out to the truly experienced audiophiles for an assist. I am in the design/build phase putting together a multichannel audio only system. I am getting an assist from an ascoutical eng designing a 16ft w x 20-24ft d box. I have collected a Mc source components recently which I would like to pair up with a fairly good audio preamp/amp/6ch speaker layout. I've researched to death both the C45 and Audio Research MP1. Both have pro's and con's. For those who have auditioned, owned or both these devices build me a case in support of one of these. Which ever device I ultimately go with would also me paired with power amps of the same make. Also, would like any suggestions of other brand preamps. The speakers would be either B&W 800 series or Wilsons. Any assist would be greatly appreciated!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13742

You should look at the goals of each company and make the most synergistic match between components. If you chose the Mac sources for their sound, then you should complete the system with (mostly) Mac components IMO. If you favor the sound of the ARC equipment, then the Mac sources will be somewhat yang to their ying. If your choices are made on principles more important then overall sound quality, then you'll have to state those objectives.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12930
Have you heard either in a system?

Username: Wxnet

Issaquah, Washington USA

Post Number: 8
I am auditioning the C45 Friday, with all Mc amp and source equipment. Have auditioned ARC amps, but not the MP1 yet. Additional concerns are 'good' support. I know about the support capabilities of one manuf, but not the other.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12938
The perceived 'need' for support as well...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us