Cyrus VS Marantz SA 11S1

Username: Chillout

Post Number: 1
Hi
I am presently using Cyrus CD 6s . My amplifier is Bryston 3BSST and BP 25 . I was offered a chance to trade my Cyrus CD 6 s with the marantz SA11S1 . Is this a good Move , Will the marantz sound better then the Cyrus in my current setup. My speakers are Dynaudio Audience 72. I listen to all kind of slow music ( country , jazz , slow rock etc)

thanks in advance.

Post Number: 2
Hi
Any One to Help me out??????????????

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2096
Bagadee, it's difficult for anyone to offer help here because no one else has your ears. How do we know what you like your music to sound like. You need to audtion the Marantz (at your home with your equipment if possible). You may also wish to audition the new Bryston CDP (I forget the model number) but I have read many very good reviews.

Post Number: 3
Thanks M.R But I do not have any dealer near my City who is having the Marantz product , This SA 11 is offered from one of the dealers who is from far of place and my cousin has seen the CDP and its working fine . Only thing is that i want to know if marantz is better then the Cyrus. Any inputs?????

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffbucks

Post Number: 21
Well, I auditioned cyrus eqiupment and they worked quite fine together, but haven't auditioned marantz with it.

Why trying something ealse when you are sure a combination is already working great?

Post Number: 4
The Cyrus is great CD Players , no doubt . But i was tempted for an upgrade due to looks of the Marantz and read some good reviews about the Marantz SA11 S1.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1263
the look of a product is how the brand that rhymes with hose sells the tiny cube speakers. People don't really buy them based only on how they sound.

My point is that you first need to be concerned with how the product sounds, and then determine if the look is really what you are after.

I know that this seems like backward logic, but many outstanding sounding components come in plain wrappers. If you want excellent sound in a pretty package, it is going to cost ya 9 times out of 10.

I understand that the look of the player is what caught your eye, but you need to first figure out if it is really what you want. It may not be to your likeness in your current system.

I do have to state that I have the SACD 8001 and love it.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1264
I myself wouldn't do it unless I could hear it in my system first, or had a pre-arranged money back guarantee on paper that if I did not like it within a set amount of time I could return it for a refund or store credit.

Post Number: 5
Finally i settled for the Cyrus CD6 , The cyrus was better for my set up and to my ears.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 2144
Congrats, glad you like it. Enjoy the music.

Post Number: 6
Thanks MR . After a bit of running the sound is very good.Not yet burned. How long will it take to burn completely.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 2151
That's a tough question, one I'm sure that would be given many different answers from various folk, but I believe my Apollo took at least 2 weeks and I'm not so sure it is fully run in yet.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3631
100 hours or so for a Cyrus.

Incidentally, I wouldn't have a Marantz over a Cyrus, even an SA11 over a 6. Just not my cup of tea.

Post Number: 7
Hi MR and Frank , Thank you for the input and yes the marantz was not my cup of tea either, though the sound was good when compared to the Arcam which the dealer was trying to push, the cyrus was way better . BTW i could not find any difference between the Cyrus CD6 and CD 6se , Are my ears not tuned to hear the difference or is it the setup wrong ? the system was a Cyrus 8vs2 , Cyrus CD6 and CD6se and the speakers they used were Epos , Dali ikon 5 and Wharfedale Diamonds and quad 21
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us