Please Help with sub settings!!! -Hawk-

Hello everyone,

I have a question about my sub connection and configuration. My sub puts out good bass during DTS and Dolby Digital signals but lacks any subwoofer signal when using the DPL II and DTS: Neo 6.

I have the Polk PSW 303 sub and have it connected to my receiver (Pioneer VSX-D912) via the sub out. It is connected to the left filtered signal (the signal coming from the receiver is filtered). I have the crossover setting on the receiver set at 100 and it also has a LFE attenuator which is set at 0 db.

My questions are:

1) Should I hook up the sub to the unfiltered jack on the back of the sub or would it not make sense since I have a "filtered" signal coming from the receiver?
2) Should I set the crossover setting higher so I get more bass sent to my sub rather than my speakers?
3) What exactly is the LFE attenuator setting and should I set it to 10 db (the only other setting on the receiver)? This is what the manual says about it: "Dolby Digital and DTS audio sources include ultra low-bass tones. Set the LFE attenuator as necessary to prevent the ultra-low bass tones from distorting the sound from the speakers."

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Jeff

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-D912
Front: Polk R50
Center: getting either the Polk csi30/csi3 or csi40/csi5 (any opinions on this!)
Surround: Polk RC80i
Sub: Polk PSW303

Hawk
Jeff:

The reason you have no sub signal is that you are using stereo (2 channel) sources. Check your owner's manual as there should be a setting for getting the LFE signal generated and sent to the sub. I just answered this question for "Pete" regarding the same problem with the NAD T 762 on another thread. In that case, he merely had to change the setting from "Stereo" to "Downmix." I expect you need to do the same thing, although the label is probably different.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us