NAD T752 or MARANTZ SR7300?

mEDia
Marantz is far better of Yamaha... but is Marantz SR7300 better than NAD 752 (or 762 if i could reach the budget)?
I have as front speakers B&W CDM 7 and B&W DM602 S2 as surround.

JOE
mEDIA

I heard both the Marantz and the the NAD models you were talking about. To this ears, NAD is a far better option. Of course, this is a subjective judgement; many variables (room, front end, cables, etc.)impinge on the actual results.
Just my 02 cents.

Hawk
mEDia:

I would also agree with JOE. Those are really, really nice speakers you have and you should get something really good to drive them. The Marantz is a special sounding receiver, but it is still a receiver. To me, the NAD 752 and 762 sound more like quality separates that simply share the same box. So I would suggest the NAD, especially if you can reach for the 762 as it has much more power.

However, I don't think you can go wrong with either option.

AUDIO ECONOMIST
I am not golden ears but I lean more towards the NAD. Assuming that they have the same performance and features, the price alone will dictate that you should go with the T752 (a couple of hundred dollars cheaper). But the thing is, the NAD has the edge in performance AND the price so basically it is a no-brainer. However, as Hawk said, you cannot go wrong also with the Marantz. Good luck in your decision. It's your money.

AUDIO ECONOMIST
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us