2 Small questions

Max
Hello,
At the time all I have is a stereo receiver and I just ordered a center channel. Can I test it to see if it works on my stereo receiver? My other question is what is a good HIGH powered A/V receiver.
I am a little overwhelmed with all thats out there now-adays and I need something that can push close to 100wtts for under 600$, is that even possible? Thank you,
Max

G-man
You won't be able to get a discrete center channel with a stereo receiver. Afterall, it has only two channels, not three. Of course it will work as a speaker if you hook it up (as will most any other speaker), but it won't work in playing the center channel information unless you hook it up to an AV receiver that has at least 5 discrete channels. A stereo receiver has by its nature--two discrete channels. You can't create a third discrete channel by adding a center channel.

But there are a number of AV receivers that fit your desires at or below $600. And there probably are a lot better ones that can be gotten from a used audio site such as Audiogon.com

New ones such as the Onkyo TX-SR601, the Yamaha RX-V740, the Marantz SR5300 are three. There are many more.

Max
Hello,
Ok thanks I just want to see if works before the return period is up. So the Marantz stuff is good? I knew the old Marantz U.S.A was great but I never really heard newer Marantzs'. I will check out some marantz models and ask you about them, if you don't mind.
Max

Max
Hello,
hey g-man how is the marantz sr-6200? I found it for 449$..?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us