Is it possible ???

Bronze Member
Username: Drewquan

Post Number: 23
hello, i am in the market for a new cd player. is it possible to get a good cd player for under 300 dollars??? i can not afford to spend tons of cash for a cd player. plus my wife might be some what anger if i did. not a dvd player. just a single disc cd player. i am new to the hi-fi world so i am just looking for some names to look into. i would be greatful for any and all suggestions. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1440
Check out used NAD and Cambridge Audio. Good and $300 is subjective by all means.

http://audiogon.com/ is as good as any place to start.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7619
The NAD C515 BEE is actually a pretty good player for the cash...very comparable to the model up.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1701
You can pay a bit more and get you a Bada HD-19 its fitted with 5970 op tubes and you can switch between Solid state and tube outputs.Its $399 from Pacific Valve in Illinois it also has HDCD,probably the best player you can get for under $500 bucks along MZHS 33 and its $499,look it up and check it out,

Silver Member
Username: Afj

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 124
tawaun how would you compare the bada hd19 to the nad c542

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1997
If you don't care to go down the Chinese route, consider the Marantz DV7600 for $299 http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARDV7600/Marantz/DV7600-DVD-p layer-HDMI-1080i-SACD-DVD-A/1.html

It will hold it's own against any CD specific player in the sub-$1K market, IMHO, that fact that it's a unversal player makes the deal all the sweeter.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1786
I would give the edge to the HD-19 it has the better parts and its much better built,infact the HD-19 will compete with the M5 in redbook playback.The HD-19 is very close to the old HD-22,for cheaper just givng up a of bit bass extension and extreme topend air.

Silver Member
Username: Afj

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 128
thanks tawaun. do you know where i can get these products in china

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1499
I don't own one, but lots of reviews rave about the Oppo universal players. On top of that, you get a really good upconverting DVD player (which the Mrs. may enjoy). A few bucks less than 300 too...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us