Im a noob. sorry

Username: Stankywoods

Post Number: 1
First off let me start by saying i searched all over the internet and this site. Ether i did not find the info i was looking for, or I'm just to inexperienced to know what i was reading was what i needed. Also i apologize if this is not the correct sub-forum.
So. I have 2 of the same blue tooth speakers from exogear. the first one i broke the USB charging port. the 2nd one i banged to hard and the magnet came off one of the speakers.
I managed to salvage 1 fully working unit from the 2 gimpy ones. but im left with a 3rd fully working speaker and im wondering if i can just wire it into the working franken beast i have without breaking it. I'm thinking i would combine the 2 channels into 1 mono ( the 2 speaker are so close together it sounds like mono anyway) and wire them all up in-line. thus sharing the extra load of 1 speaker between the 2 channels..... will this be ok? am i at least close.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18588

Don't really know from your description. How do you plan to do the process of "wire it into the working franken beast"?

Makes no sense to try to make this a mono system. You need a stereo to mono transformer to make that switch. You can't really make a connection to one mono speaker from two other stereo speakers.

Speaker drivers are rated at a specific impedance measured in Ohms. Depending on how you make a connection between two speakers you will either raise or lower the load on the amplifier. If you aren't certain the amplifier in your speakers can deal with the new load value, you may end up with a third busted speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us