Elite VSX-05 and Sub

Anonymous
Hello all,

Nice place you have here, learnt alot by reading previous posts.

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-05 and I have just replace my front and center speakers with Zetag Kinima G2 (front) and KC2 (center). The previous speakers were Angstroms Trinity series.
Zetag no longer exists, and I got these speakers from a buddy.

I have now changed (in the VSX-05 settings), that my fronts are large but when I play music cd's my sub won't come on. It only comes on in surround modes. There is no way I can find that will allow me to have the sub play when I'm in stereo mode.

I've tried this and it seems to work, but I'm not to sure if it is the right thing to do. I've set the reciever:
Fronts - Large
Center - Small
Rear - small
Sub - No

Then I connected the sub to the Front speaker pre-outs on the back of the reciever. Now the sub works both in the stereo mode and when in surround mode.

Does this connection seem right? Is there a reason why I should not connect the system this way?
As you can tell, I'm no audiofile, but I'm learning.
Thanks
Steve

G.DawG
How did you change the setting on the vsx-05?!?!?I was stooped on that for 2 years!

Anonymous
Its there on the setup meun (on screen display). Hit the setup button on the remote and go from there.

Steve

G.DawG
Also:What subwoofer are you running? If it has speaker level ins use them.Thats what I did with my VSX-05 to my Jensen JS-1000-a then had that output running to my JBL PB-10 then to my speakers.

G.DawG
There was an onscreen display?I didnt ever see a setup button on my old remote.

G.DawG
Sorry for so many posts but what was the model number on your remote?was it...CU-VSX027

Anonymous
The remote is a CU-VSX120.
The sub is a Definitive Tech. PF15
I thought about the speaker level ins, but I wanted to try the pre-outs and see if they would work the same.
Thanks
Steve

G.DawG
Then I had the wrong remote!But I bought it new, so how could that be?

Anonymous
Maybe the remote for the Pioneer Elite VSX-05 was different for the units sold in Canada (me) vs the USA (assuming you).

Steve

G
How did you know I was in canada?Is your remote learning?

Anonymous
G,
I didn't know you were in Canada, I am. I was assuming you were in the States.

Yep, the remote is learning.
Steve

G.DawG
Anonymous,
See this link:
you know where I could get a proper remote for my receiver?

G.DawG
sorry bad link:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/2260.html

Anonymous
G.,
If I had found this forum before and saw your previous post (about the VSx-05) I might have helped some. The unit I have have all the adjustments you were looking for. I think the reason you did not hear the sub was because it might have been set of OFF. I don't know where you can find a remote for that unit. But if you have a learning remote you don't use or don't mind not having for a while, you can send me it and I can program some of the buttons from my remote.

Steve

G.DawG
That would be awsome!I would pay you lots'o'money for that. I am in canada too so shipping would not be that much then I could have two good systems. I currently have one downstairs and one upstairs(one for me and one for kids)

Anonymous
G.
email me at my temp. email address, and I'll give you my mailing address.

Temp. email address

tvg_mb at hotmail dot com

Steve
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us