Transporter with Modwright Truths mods vs. other options?

Bronze Member
Username: Danyal711

Post Number: 10
I am working on building my first system and though I have not nailed down the speakers and amp yet, I am sure that the music will be coming from losses (flac) files on a server.

From what I have read, it seems that the Transporter + Modwright Truth mods (or even without the mods) is the way to go, to get the music from the server to the amp. I am planning on using the the Transporter as the DAC as well.

My first question is, would I need a pre-amp for volume control etc? The transporter does have volume control but it is done via software (from my understanding) and I wanted to make sure that this would not cauze any quality loss.

I am also wondering if there is any other (better) options out there. I do not want to sacrifice sound quality. (There are quite a few very high end solutions out there, with full color screens + album art etc... but when I look at their stats (jitter...) vs. the transporter, they arn't even close. Not to mention way too expensive for me).

The other option I have seen however is to hook a computer up via USB to a pre-amp/dac that supports USB. (http://www.redwineaudio.com/Isabella.html OR http://www.belcantodesign.com/prod_eOneDAC3.html). The isabella isnt out yet so clearly no reviews, but I have read the 6 moons review on the Bel Canto DAC, and the reviewer reported that the USB was not as good as he hoped BUT he wasn't using the best USB drivers.

Can anyone share their thoughts / experiences?

My other concern is that the transporter interface isn't the best (even with the new remote with the screen on it). I have a lot of music and it will be hard to manage via that interface. Are there any other options in terms of pairing the transporter up with a better interface?

Silver Member
Username: Ustaad_hc

Post Number: 632
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help