Please Help Me

Username: Tidefan1976

Sterrett, AL US

Post Number: 1
I have a Kenwood VR-715. Recently while watching a dvd, the sound cut out. I powered my kenwood off, then back on, and it started working again. It did this multiple times. The next weekend, we watched a few movies with no problems. Today, however, it was the same story. It cut out probably 8-10 times. Is this an easy fix? Please let me know. Thank you.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10351
Jason, was the unit hot?
Probably a good time to re-terminate the speaker wires and maybe have the unit cleaned of dust, etc.

Sterrett, AL US

Post Number: 2
It may have been before, but today it was off and I turned it on to watch the movie. What do you mean by re-terminate?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3008
Jason,

It sounds like either the thermal cutout may be coming in prematurely, or an electrical fault has developed and the speaker protection circuit is kicking in. Your local electronics technician will be able to see what's going on.

This is assuming that your speaker cable and speakers are OK. It's worth checking the speaker cable out to make sure it hasn't developed a fault. It happens - kids put a fork through the cable, cats chew on it, all making it short out, and your amp then acts correctly by shutting off.

But I suspect the amp because the fault went away for a few days, which indicates something inside it is breaking down.

Sterrett, AL US

Post Number: 3
I did like Kenwood suggested I do and change the input. This worked for a few minutes. I would change it from "theater" to "jazz club" or "stadium". This would get the sound going again, but then it would quit. Finally they all stopped. I haven't tried it since.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us