HK 3380/3480 or Denon PMA-700AE

Username: Vishsong

Post Number: 1
HI

I have decided to go for Jamo S 708 speakers for home music system. I hear Rock and music with deep Bass. Can Denon PMA-700AE amplifier produce enough power for Jamo S 708 speakers or Should I look for HK 3380/3480. I just want to decide between HK and Denon.

Help me out in deciding the amplifier in term of performance of output power to have an unclipped sound on Jamo S 708

Cheers

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1497
may I ask, why? and why? for your two choices?

Post Number: 2
Hi Nick,

I dont have a store near to my city to audition Nad, Rotel or Cambridge Audio. I heard Marantz, Denon and HK availble near to my city of which I have Denon and HK to decide. I am Ok with Denon 700AE but going into power output rating I think may be it is slightly underrated for Jamo S 708 which has 10" driver and continious power rating of 200W RMS.

Thanks

Post Number: 3
Hi Nick,

I dont have a store near to my city to audition Nad, Rotel or Cambridge Audio. I heard Marantz, Denon and HK availble near to my city of which I have Denon and HK to decide. I am Ok with Denon 700AE but going into power output rating I think may be it is slightly underrated for Jamo S 708 which has 10" driver and continious power rating of 200W RMS.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Afj

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 71
vish
listen to the hk carefully before you buy it. i had one and it wasnt musical at all. some parts were good but if you listen to it overall its a poor performer for stereo. i wouldnt recommend it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us