Thoughts on Cayin, Cary, or PrimaLuna Integrated Tube Amps

Bronze Member
Username: Crazywader

Post Number: 17
Any thoughts on Cayin's line of integrated tube amps? They offer at least 6 different styles, two of which revolve around either the KT-88 and EL-34 (or equivalents) and a third that runs on a 300B (SET).
Also, any thought on either of Cary Audio Design's two integrated tube amps (CAD 300 or SLI-80)?

I realize it's a broad question but I'm looking for something that might move one of these to the forefront with my current thought to go with a PrimaLuna Dialogue Two.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12467

I've only heard the PrimaLuna gear. However, few people in audio have the sort of reputation enjoyed over the past few decades by Dennis Had of Cary Audio. His products have a well deserved reputation for quality, excellent service and long term value. Cayin has been endorsed by Harry Weisfeld of V.P.I. Harry knows good sound and good value when he finds it.

Silver Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 163
I have not heard the Cayin or Prima Luna gear, but I own an upgraded version of the Cary SLI-80 and I am extremely pleased with it. I have it paired with the Cary 303/300 tube/SST CDP, which I find to be well matched. Don't overlook the need for a high quality source to get the most out of any of these amps.

The Cary customer service is great, and my e-mail inquiries, whether about technical issues, component pairings, operation, etc have been promptly and knowledgeably answered within 24 hours. Upscale Audio in CA handles both the Cary and PrimaLuna gear, and can probably provide some comparisons and recommendations based on your listening tastes.

http://www.upscaleaudio.com/home.asp

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 234
Hard to go wrong with any of that gear. Make sure you know where your service is coming from before you buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us