HELP need to know how / what to drive speakers with from an MP3?

Username: Dougsabbag

Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

Post Number: 2
Hello,
I have a SanDisk Sansa Video MP3 player, and I want a docking station / amp which will drive up to 3 sets of remote / external speakers. I need to be able to centrally direct the MP3 / input to the 3 speaker sets / output, since one set of speakers are waterproof and are outside,
another set (B&W) are in the living room, and another set are in the
bedroom. A remote control would be a wonderful additional feature!
How would I accomplish this, i.e. what do I buy?
Thank you very much,
Doug

Diamond Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12423

http://stereophile.com/asweseeit/208awsi/

Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

Post Number: 3
Jan, thank you very much for the current "state of MP3 vs. CD quality".
But, what I hadn't mentioned is that I am setting this up on a 50 foot sailboat. So, the non-skipping during cruising is a VERY valuable MP3 feature, as is the large storage capacity!
The "old" Kenwood KA-6006 integrated amp had to go because of power consumption, and the CDs were just too many problems while sailing. Though I have great speakers set up all over the boat, wired from a central location. So, all the way around, a home MP3 docking station / amp, powering up to 3 sets of speakers (whatever those are called?), would be perfect for my boats' needs. Something must exist to accomplish this? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
Doug

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12424

You have a "living room" on a boat?!!!

Well, yes, that bit of information about the boat is somewhat valuable to the final system.

Nothing from the mass market manufacturers will have less power consumption than the old Kenwood. Have you checked with the custom installers for boats?

Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

Post Number: 4
Marine "Custom installers" only install equipment manufactured by someone else. Except carpentry, obviously. Anyway, yes, the "living room" is officially called the main salon; then there are 3 staterooms, (bedrooms), with 3 ensuite heads, (associated bathrooms). We also have a full galley, (kitchen), with a freezer, microwave, refrigerator, stove, sink, etc.
Forgetting the power consumption, are there any docking / amps to feed external speakers for my Sansa MP3 unit that come to mind?? I am NEW to the MP3 world.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 235
Haven't heard these myself, but these seem pretty popular...

http://www.fat-man.co.uk/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us