Mark levinson cd transport problem

Username: Randy101

Post Number: 1
The lid will not open or close.the factoy no longer has a repair department.the repair center they want to send me too wants far too much just to take a look and it takes 6 weeks for a estimate.Also i have a Proceed PAV that needs repair. E-mail me at rcole48708@sbcglobal.net

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12450

What do you want us to do?

Post Number: 2
I need these items repaired

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2888
My heart goes out to you. I can't believe that Mark Levinson has no repair department! That just doesn't make sense! After all, ML is part of the Harman empire. They must have somebody! What a way to treat customers. ML is still a going concern so they have to provide some backup.

Proceed is another issue altogether. Harman shut them down completely, so even though they were the entry level wing of ML, they've been out of business now for some years. I doubt very much that you'll get much joy for this.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12455

I still don't know what we are supposed to do. You've been provided a service location by the company. When a factory closes it own support facilites they turn to proven repair centers across the country to pick up the slack. With a product such as Levinson there aren't many shops equipped and trained to do the work. The parent company of ML, whoever that might be at the moment, has selected the shop they feel can do the best repair of your unit. I would take their advice and send the unit to this shop since they should be equipped to do the repair with the least amount of downtime and the best chance of a proper fix. Your unit didn't get designed and built in a day so I wouldn't be too concerned about the length of time it takes for a repair. It's an inconvenience but if the unit returns working properly that's all that counts.

Unfortunately, with the proliferation of on line sellers and more people looking for bargains willing to buy from other than local shops, many manufacturers have resorted to this type of repair facility, from Pioneer to many high end lines. Small high end companies are being swallowed by larger conglomerates who then control the fate of the company that at one time serviced their own clients. Just think if you had purchased a Jaguar! Your service would now be based out of India. Try the shop or buy another brand. But there are no guarantees in high end audio today. Whichever brand you choose could put you in the same spot in a few years. At least the ML product is still represented.

Post Number: 3
I can use more input to get relief on getting my 31.5 transport repaired, when i bought this unit i bought their whole Mark levenson set up.amp and preamp and know i find out they no longer have a repair dept.The shop they recommended wants $1500 plus parts, sounds like a ripe off, another outfit they recommended wanted me to bring the unit in person (2000 miles away. I,am in Michigan..there must be somebody alse that can repair these units.

Bronze Member
Username: Morph

Post Number: 42
I think your choices in this matter are slim to none:

1) Send it to the appropiate repair shop and eat the costs.
2) Junk it and move on.

:-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us