Connect Onkyo Receiver To my Laptop

Username: Neo55

Post Number: 1
Hi!

I have a Onkyo Receiver HTR 508 and I want to connect it to my laptop, could anyone advise how do i do it and the things required to do so. Will the sound quality be the same?

Regards
Neo

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 783
Be the same as what?

Post Number: 2
What I meant to ask was- would it differ from the original quality that I would get if i played my music cd on a disc player?

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 784
There's a lot of variables, of course. But generally, it will not sound nearly as good.

I'll assume that you'll be using MP3s as your source from your computer. This will not be nearly as good listening to a CD.

Does your PC soundcard have a line out to connect to an external source?

Post Number: 3
Well I would be using MP3 files, but actually its not my PC that I want to connect to, its my Laptop, now as per my knowledge its a few years old laptop and I dont think there is any line out that I could connect to. I recently found a cable that connects to my laptop headphones jack and on the other side has 2 RCA female connections with which i connect a Audio RCA cable and on to the AUX output on my receiver but the quality of the sound goes bad if i use high volume. Is there any other way that I can connect?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us