Emotiva LPA-1

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 711
Just ordered one of these today:

http://emotiva.com/lpa1.html

Saw on the Emotiva forums that they are almost sold out and will not be getting any more.

I'll post some thoughts on it when I get it!

Silver Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 190
Look forward to your report; I pondered the same purchase. Here's hoping it's on the money.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1286
Nice pick up David. Let us know what these Emotiva amps sound like.Cheers.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 712
Sure thing Nick! I came into a little extra play money this month, and I've wanted to try their stuff for a long time.

So my plan is to use the LPA-1 to drive my center, surrounds and zone-2, and when the XPA-2 comes out next month, use that to drive my fronts for 2 channel bliss.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Bronze Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 87
David, very cool. Congrats on the purchase.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 741
Still waiting for it to arrive. I checked the tracking number with FedEx and see it's been sitting in their Canadian Depot in Mississauga since March 17. I called Emotiva to see if I could figure out what was going on. They told me it was because there was no broker responsible for the package.

It would have been nice if they had told me that at the time they sent the shipment and not let have to figure it on my own. Basically they told me I'm on my own and made me feel like it was my fault not knowing this.

Argh... I am really not very happy right now.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 224
Ask for your money back.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 742
I think that's what I am going to do when when and if they return my phone message.

This experience has not left me with a warm and fuzzy feeling for Emotiva.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 225
I don't blame you man, if this is the service you get before even getting the amp, I can't imagine the service you would get after.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1868
This sort of thing does leave a bad taste David, though hopefully when you do get it, it's quality allows you to forget and enjoy.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 744
Thanks. I'm to the point where I just want to wash my hands of the whole thing.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 114
Their FAQ says normal time to Canada is 10 days due to customs. I would post your displeasure on their forum. Everyone sees that, and you may get a quicker response. Hope it works out well.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 745
Already done Neil. Here is the thread:

http://emotivalounge.proboards54.com/index.cgi?board=amps&action=display&thread= 1206119601

The comments from one of the Emotiva employees in the thread is bothered me in particular.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9908
Yikes!

Red Flags for Canucks.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 747
Indeed Nuck. The Emotiva forum is not a nice place, either.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 115
My guess is they screwed up the shipping by not checking the right boxes or declaring the value or something. We used to have packages shipped up to our office in B.C. by FedEx all the time, and occasionally one would be delayed. Invariably it was because the shipping form was improperly filled out. It's unbelievable they really are that clueless about shipping to Canada.

http://images.fedex.com/us/intltools/ground/IGC_US.pdf

And yes I agree with you -- their attitude sucks. I would dispute the charge if you paid by credit card, particularly since it sounds like they did not hold up their end of the deal. Hopefully, you did not wire them the money.

http://www.emotiva.com/emotiva.international.orders.pdf

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 749
Thanks for the links Neil. I'll let you know how it all pans out.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9913
Sucks when this happens...might have been a good piece of gear too.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1295
Just read that thread David, and I too, would never buy anything from a slimy moron like that guy. I guess good customer service has to come at a price. Weird how that works.

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 176
I just order speakers a week or so ago. They were shipped via USPS which flips to Canada Post on this end. They entered Customs at 11:04 and cleared at 14:08 on the SAME DAY. I've ordered many things from the US and the only time I have trouble is with UPS....although usually not with speed, but with package damage or incredibly high duty and VAT fees attached. I ordered two sets of brass spikes for speaker stands I was making. The value of the purchase was $36.00. I had to pay over $25.00 when the package was delivered. How messed up is that.

Sorry for the screw up with this David. It must be incredibly maddening. Horrible customer service.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us