Rotel rb 1080, cambridge 1040, roksan kandy???

Username: Jman830

Post Number: 1
just building a system. considering the above amps to start my system. I listen to classic rock mostly. I have b&w 683 speakers that I just bought. I've heard the rotel with my speakers but nobody around me carries the cambridge or roksan but all seem to have glowing reviews. Any suggestions??

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2524
The Roksan Kandy is far better than the others to my ears. Not that I'm saying you'll like it better or it'll be worth the extra money to you.

You also need a good source to make the most of whatever you get.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6493
I agree with Stu on all that he stated. For my ears it's the Roksan...that said there are a bunch of folks who don't like the sound of the Kandy series.

Username: Crazywader

Post Number: 9
Wadded through the last year or two's Tube Talk trying to glean as much as possible before I dive in.

Current system: PS Audio's Duet-->Rega Apollo -->NAD 372-->Nordost Blue Heaven-->Totem Forest. It was only after a lot of time in the listening room before I found each piece and the ears are very happy.

Now I'm curious and thinking to add a tube driven intregrated amp.

Any thoughts on either of PrimaLuna's line as a first step?

Username: Crazywader

Post Number: 10
Not sure how I managed to post my previous post here - I thought it was under the "Tube Talk." Sorry for the broad side on the previous topic.

Greg T.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us