Pioneer VSX D912K or Kenwood VR7070 or YamahaHTR 5650

Hi am wondering which one to go for......am limited to the three models..HELP!!!

Am personally leaning towards the Kenwood VR7070 and getting the fluance SXHTB with a Sony SAWM40 subwoofer.

Waa initially thinking of the Bose 601's/VCS 10 and the 201's but the bad posts have put me off, might as well save a buck....any coments ???

Am new to all of this so anything is apreaciated

carlo
eu nama poi fa dana vios pioneer muito biem

Dude stay away from Kenwood and Sony and JVC!! they all sound like crap. Stick with these brands Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, and Onkyo. you can't go wrong with any of these brands!!!!

hi i just purchased the pioneer 912 and it is absolutely amazing.i've had the kenwood 6070 which is tha same as the 7070and the pioneer is much better.the kenwood is great but the 912 plays music much better and the auto speaker callibration that the 912 offers is very accurate

G.DawG
Sarandon:
"Dude stay away from Kenwood and Sony and JVC!! they all sound like crap." I dont think you could be more wrong. So go jerk off and stop making stupid comments. Also one more thing go here http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/3401/ratevsac.htm and you will see that Kenwoods get closer to their rated power than most Onkyos or Yamahas.
Sharma:
If I were you I would go with the 7070. Go to the above link if you havent already and see that the 6070 made pretty close to its rated power.(92x6 at clipping all channels driven)

Ok G.DawG, what ever you say! I had the Kenwood VR-6050 and it sounded very bad. So I got the Yamaha HTR-5540 an it sound soooo much better than the Kenwood, plus the Yamaha has better amps than Kenwood an JVC and Sony. And the Yamaha has less heat than the the two. Also I have been selling audio receivers for over 5 years now!! And I know what crap is and they are the three brands I just mention. So please do all of us a favor and get your facts straight!!!!

Anonymous
I read reviews saying that JVC new models are very good...

Anonymous
If they are so much better then howcome the Kenwood can make 92 watts per channel and the Yamaha only made 38 with all channels driven!Yamahas are known for their weak power supplys and way too bright circuitry.So you say that you have been working with receivers for 5 years?Where at Circuit City?Or maybe you got lucky and got a Job at Best Buy for 6$ an hour, Give me a break.I used to have the Kenwood VR-6070 and was not a bad receiver at all(when it worked)Id like to see your Yamaha against my Pioneer Elite for a comparison. but seriously we dont need all this "which receiver is better"because in the end we all know that PIONEER ELITE rules the receievr world.

G.DawG
^
|
|
Thats me by the way.

Anonymous
I would choose Pioneer d912k due to the auto speaker calibration...is there a better choice for a newbie(at this price)?

G.DAWG YOUR SO FULL OF IT!!!! WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHER BRANDS OUT THERE THAT CAN BEAT PIONEER ELITE. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG, I LIKE THE PIONEER ELITE BUT IF PIONEER ELITE RULES THE RECEIVER WORLD, WHY IN THE HELL IT CAN NOT PUSH A PAIR OF MARTIN LOGAN SPEAKERS AND THE YAMAHA RX-Z1 CAN?

G.DawG
Because the 43 only costs 499$ and the Z1 costs 2999.99 the flagship and subflagship Pioneer Elite could easily push them.You are comparing a flagship to Pioneer Elites bottom of the line its not fair what would be though is the 47TX VS The Z1. What we really need here is for the creator of the site to do a 1 on 1.

G.DawG
So basicly what you saying is "my 500'000$ le-mans car can hit 220mph and your civic cant so it sucks"

G.DawG
Just one more thing before I go get my coffee, you said"I had the Kenwood VR-6050 and it sounded very bad. So I got the Yamaha HTR-5540 an it sound soooo much better than the Kenwood"The kenwood is a laid back receiver and the Yamaha is a very bright receiver IMO So you obvioulsy have dull speakers and you needed a brighter receiver to make them shine.So its not the receiver thats better per say but its just a better match. Also we all have to remember that NO RECEIVER IS RIGHT FOR EVERYBODY. I personaly like the Pioneer Elite sound, and you like the Yamaha sound. If every body had a Pioneer Elite receiver and Pro-Linear speakers wwe would all have the same system and that would be very boring, Right?

Ok GDAWG IN YOUR OPINION WHAT SPEAKERS YOU RECOMMEND FOR YAMAHA?

G.DawG
Now back to Sharmas question. You are in Canada's west coast region if I remember correctly? If so, Then I would definitely, definitely have to recomend you going to A&B Sound and taking a listen to the Pro-Linear 5.6x2T's. They are very good speakers, better than any other speaker I have ever heard that was under 1000$CDN IMHO. The only thing better than the sound is the price 399.99$CDN @ A&B.I got mine on boxing day for 250$ when I had a Yamaha RX-V420, yes you heard me right Sarandon. I hated it so much everysingle one of the dsp's were so echoey that I hated it I couldnt stand listeining to it for more than 2 minutes. You could turn it off and stare at EFFECT OFF on the display I hated that too. there was only one good dsp that was 5 Ch stereo it wasnt echoey however it lost all imaging and really brought out the brightness of the receiver. So I took it back the next day and got An open box on a Pioneer Elite VSX-05 Which was awsome.Then of course I got the 6070 and then the 43TX .Now that I have told you all my life story I think Sarandon should realize I DO know what I am talking about. I have alot of experince with receivers as well.

G.DawG
Actualy Yamaha speakers.

G.DawG
Sharma I am trying to help you, but Sarandon keeps distracting me. If I remember correctly Fluance speakers are brighter So I would highly receomend the 7070 for that speaker package but take a look at the Pro-Linears you will be amazed at how good they sound for the price!

I sorry you feel that way gdawg

ttskyline01
G.DawG leave SJ alone. Just because he is simply saying that he likes the Yamaha brand dosen't mean he should be punished for it!! And one more thing, just because you have a pioneer elite receiver dosen't mean you put down other brands like Denon or Yamaha or anybody else!

G.DawG
I wasnt trying to put down the Yamaha receivers, I was just saying I had a horrible experireice before.If he likes his Yamaha good for him I am not trying to make fun of him or punish him in anyway In fact in one of my posts I said"So its not the receiver thats better per say but its just a better match. Also we all have to remember that NO RECEIVER IS RIGHT FOR EVERYBODY. I personaly like the Pioneer Elite sound, and you like the Yamaha sound." Which is very true. Sorry for sounding like an a$$ if I did.

G
Hey wheres Hawk when we need him man?

Hey gdawg don't worry about it. And I am sorry if I was acting like an a$$ to you or anybody else.

G.DawG
Well what we really need to do is forget about it and remember Sharmas question. Sharma you need to think on this one about which features you wanted most. Was it the mcacc on the 912, or the learning remote on the 7070,or was it the Yamahas Cinema DSP's.You need to figure out what features are most impotant to you.But if you dont have speakers yet I would advise you to get them first.Then worry about the receiver.

G.DawG
Sharma I would have to highly recomend this receiver...http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=263819 it is refurbished so its an awsome deal. MSRP CDN 1800$ for 479$ Its not on your list but its in the price range.

Anonymous
Sharma, If I were you get whatever receiver you
want first and then worry about the speaker later. You can audition different speakers at
your home and can always return them if it doesn't match to your A/V rcvr or not of your taste.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us