Rotel question

Michael
I have decided that I want to purchase two of the B&W 600 Series 3 floorstanders for the the fronts and two of the B&W 600 Series 3 bookshelfs for the rears, to complement the B&W 600 Series 3 center and sub. I have also decided that I would like to go with Rotel for amplification and processing. My question is should I go with the RSX-1065 (100x5, 7.1 surround receiver) OR should I go with the RSP-1066 (7.1 Surround Preamp/Processor) AND also the RMB-1095 (200x5) or RMB-1075 (120x5)? In this instance are the separates worth the extra cost and if so, should I go with the 200x5 or the 120x5 amp?

Thank you very much for your comments.

Paul S.
Michael,
Good choice. It depends on how much money you want to spend. Regarding speakers, go with the larger LCR center, it is a much better speaker. As for the rest, can you hear a difference? If not then go with the receiver. I personally like the separates and would recommend the larger 1095 amp. The nice thing about the 1066 pre/pro is that it is software upgradable which helps to make it future proof.
I have the B&W S2 speakers (604 front, 601 rear and LCR center) with the older RSP-976 pre/pro and the RMB-1095 amp. The sound is incredible, you will not regret going this route.

IdealConcepts
I'm also looking to purchase the Rotel RSP-1066 with the RMB-1075 to run my Paradigm Monitor 9's. What tuner would people recommend, I'm looking for something cheap, I don't want or need anything that will provide me the clearest FM signal, just something that will allow me to listen to radio stations. The cheaper the better, is there anything decent for under $150 or under $100? Any info is greately appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us