Yamaha VS Marantz

Anonymous
Hi..

I am looking at a entry level Amp. My maximum budget is about $400.

I have narrowed the search down to the Yamaha RXV440 or the Marantz 4300. Does anyone own one of these units ? At the moment I am leaning towards the RXV440 due to my budget.

I would really some advise on which one of these units are recommended.

Peter Commeyne
Depends on whether you listen more to music or whant to use it for mainly Home Theater. I've previously owned a Yamaha and now own a Marantz (SR7200). Yamaha is excellent for HT, but can be a bit too bright sounding for Music. Marantz is very warm sounding for music, very detailed, but doesn't give you that very last punch for HT as Yamaha does, although it is still quite good for HT.
Even if you want to use this amp 50-50 music-HT, I'd say go for the Marantz. I can assure you will listen to music more. You won't regret the decision.

HONESTLY DUDE GET THE YAMAHA. TO ME I HEARD BOTH THE YAMAHA AND THE MARANTZ BUT THE YAMAHA SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER. BESIDES THE YAMAHA CAN DO SOME THINGS THE MARANTTZ CAN NOT DO. LIKE HAVING VIRTUAL CINEMA, THAT'S YOU CAN USE THE FRONT THREE OR FRONT LEFT AND RIGHT FOR SURROUND SOUND,AND WITH VIRTUAL CINEMA YOU CAN USE ALL OF THE SURROUND PROGRAMS THE YAMAHA HAS TO OFFER. INCLUDING DOLBY DIGITAL AND DTS. AND IT DOES WORK. I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE I CURRENTLY OWN A YAMAHA HTR-5540. ALSO YAMAHA ALSO OFFERS SILENT CINEMA. SILENT CINEMA IS THE SAME THING AS THE VIRTUAL CINEMA, BUT YOU CAN DO 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL AND DTS THROUGH THE HEADPHONES! AND YOU ALSO HAVE THE DSP MODES, WHICH ARE REAL BECAUSE THEY INVENTED IT BACK IN 1986. BUT I CANT SAY THAT YOU WILL ALL OF THEM, BUT TO ME THEY SOUND LIKE YOUR THERE!! SO IF I WERE YOU GET THE YAMAHA. AND ALSO CONSIDER THE DENON AVR-1804. NOW TO ME THE DENON KILLS MARANTZ IN A SOUND TEST!!!

G-Man
These two are simply a matter of taste. Personally, I would try and scratch together an extra $100 and get the Outlaw Audio 1050 receiver for $499. As they are online, I doubt you will be charged a sales tax. Plus you have a free 30 day trial period. It would sell for anywhere from $800 to $1000 if a retailer sold it. It also can play in the surrounds as the Yamaha with a special DSP it has. But it has 6 seperate amplifiers and has gold-plated outputs.

Unless you can get another $800-1K receiver for this amount of money--this is a wonderful receiver for any but the largest rooms. It also has a switch for 8 ohm and 4 ohm speakers. To me, the advantage of having 6 discrete amplifiers in the receiver is enormous. Plus it has the ability to plug in more amplification if you ever need it and still use the preamplifier--which is very solid in and of itself.

Go to Outlawaudio.com and check it out and read some reviews and have the knowledge that within 30 days you can ship it back and get your money returned if you are less than happy with the receiver. All it will cost you is the shipping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us