Nakamichi Dragon?

Bronze Member
Username: Mekongdelta69

Grew up in Brooklyn an...

Post Number: 60
Anybody else out there have one?

If so, see the white back space in between the two reels on the cassette (in the cassette well)?
http://www.analogstereo.com/cassette_deck_nakamichi_dragon.htm

Does anyone know if that's supposed to be illuminated when powered on?

Everything else on my deck works fine (and all the rest of the lights work, etc.), but for the life of me, I can't rememember if there's supposed to be a bulb behind that white back space or not.

If you have one that's fully functional (or have a link which says there is/isn't supposed to be a bulb there), please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Mike_____

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11179

No, it's not illuminated. Nakamichi built their decks with a minimum of fuss and extra illumination wasn't in the plan. It's light colored and should provide adequate backlight to see approximately where the tape reels are at in content. However, the Nakamichi counters are the best way to get to and from a particular point in a tape. They are as accurate as any I've come across on a tape deck and within the limitations of an analog counter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
"No, it's not illuminated"

>> Good -- that's exactly what I wanted to verify, so I didn't think that I was 'remembering' something that I wasn't really 'remembering.'

""It's light colored and should provide adequate backlight to see approximately where the tape reels are at in content."

>> ....Which it pretty much does.

"...the Nakamichi counters are the best way to get to and from a particular point in a tape."

>> Yes -- THAT I know!

"They are as accurate as any I've come across on a tape deck..."

>> Completely true (at least in my experience). It's an excellent deck and always was. Maybe the 1000 ZXL was slightly higher on the 'food chain,' but the Dragon was one of the most reliable and well(good?!) sounding decks at the time -- and still is (for analog guys like me, anyway...).

Thanks as always Jan. Is there anything that you don't know?!

M_____

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11182

Yes, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 325
lol I had a Nakamichi car deck a few years back. Absolutely amazing it was. Everything they made was solid.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 664
Jan even knows what Nuck had for dinner last night

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8510
Oops. Pardon me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
I looked in the white back space in between the two reels on the cassette (in the cassette well)....and what did I see?....(It was scary)...

It was Jan....No wonder he knows my setup so well!!!!!!

M____
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us