Cant transfer music onto ipod!

Username: Skipmel

Post Number: 1
Merry Christmas to me! I am having a nightmare with this new ipod nano!!! No help that the instructions are no help at all. Ok, so i have moved all my music into itunes music.... converted them to AAC format, but how the hec to i transfer tem onto my ipod??? Think i am about to throw it! Can anyone give me a few suggestions? Thanks a million...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14115
First, open iTunes before connecting the iPod.

Check the iTunes music library if all your music is in there.

Now connect the iPod. Under playlists, you should be able to see the iPod's icon under a name you've given it. If it is your first time setting up, just follow the prompts and make sure that you check "Manually manage music".

Once you've gone through all that, just drag and drop the music from your library to the iPod icon.

Do not, under any circumstances disconnect your iPod without ejecting it first from iTunes.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Berny. I ended up ringing Apple. Turns out that my new computer screen needed to be made smaller (the resolution!) so the "continue" button I was supposed to click on I couldn't see.... I felt sooo stupid. Thanks again.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14130
Glad you sorted that out...Happy New Year and enjoy your new toy :-)

Post Number: 3
Now I have another problem! Oh dear. I dont think i am supposed to have my toy!! Now all my songs are choppy, they sound all chopped up. What on earth have i done now?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14188
First remove all the songs from your iPod.

Eject the iPod from your computer.

Go to iTunes and open the music files and check if they are working properly.

Check the properties of these music files and ensure that they are not "Read Only". And that they are not protected in anyway.

Re-connect and transfer the music you want.

Post Number: 4
Berny! You should be charging me for this!!! Thanks so much. It worked! Not sure what i did, but all good now. Cheers.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14189
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help