Vinyl to minidisc to pc to cd

Username: Damaged_goods

Post Number: 1
hi folks,

i just brought a sony MZ-NH70 as i want to transfer my vinyl collection to the minidisc then transfer that to pc and then burn a cd. however, i am slightly clueless about what i need and how to go about it. can anyone help me please?

i'd be grateful if you could suggest what i need and how to do it.

many thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7273
Why not transfer directly to your PC?
Get an audio capture card and go directly to your PC.

Username: Logos

Kopavogur, IS Iceland

Post Number: 7
I have no Idea what kind of quizmo this sony MD is but if it has a line in then you can either conect the Minidisc recorder directly to your rec out on your amplifier. I would think it is a better way to copy vinyl to MD since MD has 18 bit recording (if I remember correctly) compered to 16 bit CD. But on the other hand the MD has compression.

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 128
As Berny said, the best way is to record directly to the PC. You can capture the sound @ 16-, 18-, 24-bit/192KHz if you want as long as the soundcard and the system are capable of doing it but in order to burn to CD, the audio files must be 44.1KHz, 16-bit stereo. Therefore, even if you record the files at higher resolution and sampling rate, you still have to down-convert them to 16-bit/44.1KHz format for CD burning.

A cheap but excellent software you may be interested in is GoldWave @ www.goldwave.com .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us