NAD AV 716 Protect Mode

Username: Jfhamel

Canada

Post Number: 3
I have a NAD AV 716 tuner that was working perfectly well until yesterday. Now as soon as the sound is a bit louder it puts itself in a PROTECT mode and shuts down the the volume. If I put the volume very low it works fine.
Does anyone have an idea of what the problem can be and how I can fix it.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9932

Unplug the "receiver" from the AC outlet for about 30 minutes. If it still has the same problem when you power up the receiver, you will need to have a service tech look at the unit. Ask for an estimate before you authorize any repairs.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9933

This assumes nothing has changed recently in the system. If you have added or removed or reset something in the system, do the above and unplug all inputs and outputs from the receievr while it is unplugged from the outlet. Power up with nothing plugged into the unit and add one cable at a time, speakers last, until the unit either operates correctly or goes into protection. Make certain no speaker cables have been damaged by running under a carpet or a cat/dog chewing on them. A continuity tester should help with that task. If you are still having problems, take the unit in for repairs. There are no user servicable components inside the receiver.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us