DVD Player hookup to an old TV ???

Unregistered guest
Can I use my existing cable box as an RF Modulator, hooking up the DVD to the Cable Box using the Audio, Video outputs and then running the cable box antenna into the TV ??? Or should I just go out and buy RF Modulator with additional hookups ???

Anonymous

BigMarc67
I am not sure what your existing cable box is so I cannot directly answer your questions. However, I recently bought a video to VHF converter box from Altronics in Perth (Australia, www.altronics.com.au) for about $US15 and it works well. The only problem was that I had to fine-tune channel 1 on an old Sony TV quite carefully to pick up the signal from the converter but once that was done I was away.

Anonymous

i have a koss ks4122-2 dvd player...a zenith tv...the dog ate the remote for the tv so i now have an rca system link 3 remote...to hook up the dvd, i'm supposed to put the tv on "aux"...there is no such button on the remote...help..

HELP ME
Unregistered guest
Help i can't hook my dvd player to my zenith plasma tv

Anonymous

I recently bought a video to VHF converter box from Altronics in Perth (Australia, www.altronics.com.au) for about $US10. I wanted to feed the video output from a Pioneer DVD player to an old Sony TV which only has inputs for VHF and UHF antennae. The converter works well. The only problem was that I had to fine-tune channel 1 on the Sony TV quite carefully to pick up the signal from the converter but once that was done I was away. I am sure similar converters would be available in the US.

Anonymous

I need info on the components needed to hook up a
1995 model Curtis Mathes portable TV with one
port to a new small DVD and an older Curtis Mathes
video tape player with 2 ports for audio and sound
plus 2 ports for input source plus an older
Emerson video tape player.

Unregistered guest
I am having difficulty hooking up a cheepy dvd to and old tv. I have placed color to color correctly but, I have all sound and no picture. I have followed the directions in the manual but it still won't give me a picture. What should I do?

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 343
First step: post in DVD player area of this forum, providing more details about equipment and hookup.

Cheers
AL

Unregistered guest
Recently moved Have a lg. screen TV (2 yrs old)with cable DVD & VCR but unable to get either hooked-up properly neither works. Have tried to move the red/white/yellow wires in several different ways but no results. All worked great before move but not now. Believe I have hooked-up as before but no luck/ TV picture is great Anyone out there that can help me?? donwray37@sbcglobal.net

Unregistered guest
i have a memorex mvd 2028 how do i hook it up to a GE xs stereo comercial skip tv

Unregistered guest
can i hook up a dvd player through a vcr to my tv if the tv dont have the connections

Unregistered guest
We have a Sanyo TV and the dog ate the remote. We are now unable to watch DVD's on our "Diamond DVD player - Walmart special- as we have no AV button on our new Universal controls AND the DVD player cannot be programmed to the new Universal controls.

Sam654321898545153
Unregistered guest
I have a zenith... there should be Yellow, White, Red hookups. plug those in from the dvd player. to the back, hit the source button on the tv (should be
beside the volume, channel, etc.) and walah, it works.

Patzy
Unregistered guest
I hooked up a DVD player to an older 25" console TV. The picture is great, but every time there is a lot of bright colors or white on the screen, I get a loud buzzing sound. What can I do to prevent this?

Username: Mvmartha

Washington dc, Dc

Post Number: 2
How can I paly my DVD I have Toshiba DVD Vidio Player SD-39990SU and Toshiba TV 27A45 modle . I just bought in few weeks back. I connected the red/white/ and yellow cable to TV and to DVD and Plug my DVD to Power. When I put my Disc in disc tray it shows Looded and goes to '1" and stop. It will not play. I put my TV on Chanel 3. What is wrong why it is not playing.

Username: Heavy

Post Number: 1
I have an old Magnavox tv hooked up to a cable box and a Samsung dvd-vcr combo. thru a splitter. I have 1 dvd that will not play on it but will play on other dvd players. Also it will play a vhs tape but will not record. Help!

Username: Anirbanc

I have a mintek dvd1600 dvd player, how do I hook it up to a GE xs stereo comercial skip tv? The TV has only an antenna input point, and my DVD player has s-video and rf output ports.

Username: Cchadwick

Help! I have a new DVD player and an older Zenith TV. when I hook the DVD player to the TV with the Red, Yellow, and White Cords, I cannot get it to work.

I think I am having trouble finding the right "channel". The Auxillary Channel doesn't seem to work, and the TV remote has no buttons for "Cable, Video, etc.". Any ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us