How to record from an LP

Anonymous
Username: Anonymous

Dublin, Dublin Ireland

Post Number: 1
Apologies if this has been answered before but I'm new to this. I have a Philips CDR 775 and cannot figure out how to record from an LP. I have lost the instruction book and am fiddling around in the dark. I switch it to record external source and listen and when it says 'start source' I play the LP but the 'start source' button keeps flashing. Can anyone give me some guidance as I have a stack of LPs I'd love to record or could anyone send me a scan of the instruction page? Thanks in advance.

Username: Pdebijl

Altadena, CA USA

I am new to the CD Recording. I have recently bought a used Philips CDR775 with the specific purpose to convert my LPs (about 500 rare albums from the 60s, 70s & 80s for which no CDs are available) into CDs.
I have connected the Tape "IN" from the Receiver (Marantz SR225) to the CDRs "Analog OUT" and the Tape "OUT" from the Receiver to the CDRs "Analog IN".
After inserting a new Memorex Audio CD-R into the Recorder the CDR775 display goes from "Reading" to "Initializing" to "OPC ERROR" to 0 00:00. What does OPC ERROR mean?? After selecting "EXT Source" to analog and pushing REC TYPE the display reads "DISC ERROR".
Any one willing or able to help me out?
It is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 826
I don't know much about recording from LP to cd. My question to both of you is do you have a phono pre-amp in line? Without this or it's equilvent, the cd recorder may not be picking up a signal because a phono signal might be too low.

diamond4151
Unregistered guest
RE;Peter de Biji.
I have the same recorder as you, the "OPC ERROR means that you may have an uncompatable CD-R. I've owned mine from brand new and I have had the same problem. The machine is very picky about what brand you put in it. I have had good luck with TDK, Fuji, Memorex(sometimes). Most of the el'chepo brand will not work. I hate to say it, but you have to spend a little more on name brand media to get it to work. The only other thing that it could be is that the laser was somehow knocked out of allingment and needs to be fixed, that being said, it would be less out of pocket and buy a new recorder that is more generic brand friendly. Hope this helps.

diamond4151
Unregistered guest
All users of "Philips CDR775". If you are one of the "lucky" owners of this cd recorder, to record any music to it, simply hook it up as if it were a tape deck using the "analog" conections in the back of the unit. You shuold have no problems getting sound that way. The only bad thing about this unit is that it is 6 years old now and for its time was "hi tech", the drawback now is most of the "Music Only" recordable media out there is 80min/700MB. The unit was made to read 74min/650MB blanks only. Nothing else is compatable, believe me, I tried. After talking to a Philips rep. I was infomed that there is no fix or anyway around it. If you are having a "OPC ERROR", check your blank to see if you have the right disc. If you can still find 74min/650MB blanks, you should have no problems recording with the CDR775, I will say that the unit is a good one and it is easy to use, as long as you have the right media. Look on-line for blank media. Right now, its the best place to look. I hope this helps out anyone who has any problems with the "Philips CDR775".

Username: Computerlen

Post Number: 3
I have a Tascam CD-RW700 and no problems with it at all. I was just wondering if anyone would like to know how to turn the "SCMS" off. Also I am able to use blank computer discs, no problem. Another hint- if your screen says something like-"repair" while you were recording, then make sure that you actually pull the plug out of the ac outlet and wait 20 seconds to plug it back in. Then power up and remove the disc and throw the disc out. Write to me at computerlen@hotmail.com as I check that email address daily. Len.

Username: Dyselectronica

I have an RCA CDRW121 and am trying to record LPs to CDs with it from a Pioneer stereo system. I've been connecting the devices the only way I see possible: I connect the phonograph output cables, which usually plug into the body of the stereo system, into the red and white input jacks on the CDR. I select "analog" as the source.

It does make the transfer, but the sound is extremely muted. Does anybody know of another, better way I can make the connection? I can't find any analog output jacks on the stereo body, just input, although there is a jack labeled "control out." What about a way to enhance the audio signals?

Thanks a lot,
Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us