Bass Response on Bose Acoustimass 10

Jeff
I have a Bose Accoustimass 10, 5-speaker dual cube system. I know it's not the best, but it's what I got and I don't currently have the cash for a speaker upgrade.

My question is this: Since the Bose system does not have a powered subwoofer, would it be a decent interim upgrade to purchase a powered subwoofer and connect it to my 5.1 receiver?

CBarrett
I have the same question.

Jeff
I haven't done it yet, but all the answers I'm getting are that it would be a decent interim upgrade.

I'm shopping for subs, but haven't bought one yet. I think the best bet is to buy it, try it, and return it if it doesn't work well.

Good luck.

Derek
Yeah, let her rip. Sony makes a cheap sub that I see on sale at Best Buy for $99 from time to time. It's 10 inches. I first heard about it at cheaphometheater.com and gave it a listen. For $100 it's the best thing out there. That says more about how crappy the subs are in this price range than how great this Sony is though.

A better choice if you are patient would be to look in the returns area of your local stores. I bought a Cabridge Soundworks system without the satelites (just the sub) for $50 at Best Buy and have it connected to the variable audio out of my bedroom TV. I also bought an Athena 5.1 system ($850) for $250 at Brandsmart. It was missing the wall brackets - big deal.

I often see Energy, Mission and Athena subs at Brandsmart on the floor for $100-$200. Those are very good prices for 8 inch subs.

Anonymous
Sony SAWM-40 12 inch 120 watts for $134 +shipping at www.etronics.com got a rave review for movies. For music, it doesn't sound tight enough.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us