Looking for new Pre-Amp

Username: Ken428

Greer, SC USA

Post Number: 1
I currently have a Adcom 5400 amp & HK Citation 21 preamp with ESS heil AMT-1 speakers. I want to upgrade my preamp. I am looking at Adcom 715, NAD 162, Rotel 1070, B&K Reference 5 S2, and Parasound Halo P2. The ESS speakers have excellent mid and high frequency. The Adcom 5400 has improved the bass over my previous Hafler 220 amp. I want a preamp that will add some warmth while keeping the light airy, alive feeling the ESS speakers bring.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2223
Make sure you add the Outlaw to the mix, Kenneth.(what's the frequency, Kenneth?).
The 990 is right there.
Outlaw uses DVI awaiting hdmi furballs and is compatible for video, no problem.
The 970 has most of the features(the most important being quality build and Outlaw on the phone), except dual zone bass control for subs.

Username: Ken428

Greer, SC USA

Post Number: 2
Nuck
I recently purchased a Classe' CP-50 to go with my Adcom 5400 and ESS Heil AMT-1's. The sound is absolutely magnificant. I cannot believe what a difference the CP-50 made in this system. The sound is as close to live as I have ever heard from a home stereo system.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 925
Kenneth,

Congratulations, that is certainly the goal when we play with their interesting hobby, although way too many people think the goal is something else, e.g., soundstage, imaging, blah blah blah. I'll take correct reproduction first and then we can talk about all the other things that just makes it sound "more real." Dave.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us