ONKYO TX-SR600 OR DENON AVR-2802 ?

i WANT TO BUY A NEW 6.1 CHANNEL RECIEVER FOR $500 OR LESS. SO FAR I AM LEANING TOWARD A ONKYO 600 OR A DENON 2802. WHICH IS BETTER AND WHY?

Amir Yanovsky
I read a review they have compared the onkyo 600 to the denon 1802, and the denon went first place.
so i asume the denon 2802 is even better,
my recomendation: get the denon for sure!
althou the onkyo is 2nd place to it and earn its place with orner.
P.S
i recomned you try listenning to a Marantz 4200 or even the 5200, which are at your budget limit.
they sounded real awesome on stero music when i tried them.

Try new Denon AVR-1803. It has got all same features of Onkyo TX-SR600 and its new. Denon AVR-1802 does not have same features as Onkyo TXR-600 or Denon AVR-1803. It seems to be new... priced as same as Onkyo TX-SR600. Look at crutchfield.com for more details.

Anonymous
with the other denon models being upgraded, when do you think the denon avr-4802 will be upgraded to a denon avr-4803?

Ed Zactley
La-Z-Boy,
With all due respect, the Denon 1803 does NOT have all of the same features as the Onkyo TX-SR600. Specifically, it only has 96kHz/24bit DAC's for the L & R channels compared to Onkyo's 192kHz/24bit DAC's. That is pretty significant, but also the TX-SR600 has 50 MHz component video switching, which allows the high definition video signal to use the receiver's source switching without degrading video quality. The Denon has 27MHz component video which degrades the video quality. It's unfortunate, because I was sold on the Denon until I learned of these shortcomings. The Denon is still a great receiver, but it falls short in those 2 areas.

Phil Krewer
ED,

Just out of curiousity is there any sound format at the present that utilizes 192/24. I've never heard of any. Well all buy receivers that have that capability. Mine Has 16 of them all burr/brown, but what does it really do for us.

gecko311
Amir, which review are you speaking of? Could you please state the magazine/website and issue?
-gecko311

with the other denon models being upgraded, when do you think the denon avr-4802 will be upgraded to a denon avr-4803?

Can some one answer the question "when will the denon 4802 be upgraded to the 4803 and will it upconvert to componant outs like the 3803?" for the love of god? please, please, please.

Anonymous
The SR600 has been replaced by the SR601 at the same price and much improved features and Power out. I think you'll be happy with the 601.

Anonymous
I forgot to include this in above posting:
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us