Rotel integrated w/Monitor Audio

Username: Stevo238

Kingston, NY USA

Post Number: 1
I'm leaning towards the purchase of a Rotel integrated amp for my RS1 bookshelf speakers. I've read some UK forums that suggest the Rotel would be too forward sounding for my "bright" Monitor Audio's. If that's the case, (say otherwise if you disagree) what integrated would work with these fine speakers. Thanks.

S.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7754
That maybe the concensus, but have you heard it for yourself? It is really difficult to ascertain a product's "brightness" until you hear it. Myabe you prefer it that way, maybe not, but you'll never know until you've heard.

What were you using prior to the Rotel?

Kingston, NY USA

Post Number: 2
I was using an A/V receiver, The Pioneer VSX-1014K but realized quickly that this isn't the best for two channel sound. I'm gravitating towards two channel (I think) like a lot of folks who think they may be missing something. Having demo'd lots of budget/mid priced integrateds (Nad, Camb Audio, Rotel, Arcam, Jolida) I now know I have been missing something.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7760
Can you take the Rotel home and audition it with your speakers? Or you can take your speakers to the dealer.

Kingston, NY USA

Post Number: 3
will do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us