Arcam avp700 vs rotel 1068?

Username: Cirag

Post Number: 1
preparing to audition for a new pre/pro to pair w/my nad s250 multi channel amp (125wpc) and maggie speakers (1.6qr's, cc3, mgmc1's).

i've listened to the 1068 and found it nice, but i now notice that arcam has released the avp700. acknowledging that the tuner, headphone amp, and hdmi switching are nice, i am not tied to them...

what i'm more concerned with is the pairing of the pre with my amp and speaker setup. anyone else listened to similar setups? thoughts? opinions?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1826
Cira , I only have heresay to comment upon, soo...
The Rotel will give you lots of power, but sould definately be listened to first.
The Rotel CAN be treble sharp, and given the Maggie's accuracy, may be a bit overpowering in the high volumes.
Do you listen at high volumes?
I did have an evening with Maggies and Outlaw power.

This sounded,to me, like a match made in Vegas.
Very fast, very accurate amps(Outlaw 200's back then), and the speakers just stood up like a stiff dick.
I kid you not, the best combo I have ever heard.

Go and check Outlaw.com for the 990 and mono blocks.
They look great too!
You will need seperate circuits for 5 or them.

Bronze Member
Username: Triedit

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 35
It has been a while since I read these forums. I could not resist a response to this one.
Nuck, how will the 1068 give any power? It is not an amp. I have owned the Rotel 1066. Traded for Anthem and now I have the Accam 700.
I have also used Lexicon and others. The 700 is better than anything under $5000 and equal to those above 5g's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us