Calling all smarties. Help me pick a system.

Username: Maybellehell

Post Number: 2
Hi,
Hoping someone could offer some help. I live in a small apartment. I am looking to start fresh with a home theater/dvd/stero system. My needs are specific.
1) i don't want a ton of little speakers that i have to put around my small living room. just some nice bookshelf speakers
2) I want to make this my audio center as well. want to be able to plug my ipod, turntable et al into the system, so i have one set of speakers/receiver for my tv, dvd and stereo. And room to plug in what ever the future brings.
3) want to use this as my stereo system as well. i will throw out my yucky mini-bookshelf system from 10 years ago. could see buying a separate dvd player if that's what you advise. may be better to separate them.
4) would prefer to be able to play more than one cd at once, 3 -5 cd carousel.
5) On a budget. Don't want to spend more than $500-600.
Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Maybelle

Bronze Member
Username: Dxironman

Post Number: 12
i would say get one of the Onkyo home theater packages but if you just need 2 bookshelf speakers i'd still go with an Onkyo receiver and a Pioneer player, 578 or 588. go with a pair of Bose if you can get a good price. i've had a pair of Bose bookshelf speakers for 15 years and they still sound great.
really though for that price, cant beat the Onkyo sets

Bronze Member
Username: Logos

Kopavogur, IS Iceland

Post Number: 27
I can't recomend anything. Just the DVD player I had in mind costs 400 and the amp is around 350

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 204
Bose? The guys posted asking for an UPgrade!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us