Nad c555 problems

geir
Unregistered guest
I got my new Nad C555 deck today.. It seems to have some problems.. Since I first started it, it is making noise from the motor. I have owned a few decks wich was'nt exactly silent, but this is very irritating, it sounds like some moving parts is touching.. could this be a problem? Also, the belt falls off each time I try to play 45's.. the belt just descends down a few seconds after it has been started.. Is there anybody here who has any experience with this deck or similar, then please help me

Username: Uncle_ants

NottinghamEngland

Post Number: 3
Is it a new deck? with the platter off, does the spindle on the motor look crooked at all?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1175
That's bizarre. As far as I know the C555 is basically a Rega P2. There should be little to no noise on startup and the belt certainly shouldn't come off at any time. I suggest you have a word with your supplier and get them to replace it (the deck) for you.

Regards,
Frank.

NottinghamEngland

Post Number: 6
Yup. Without any further info, it sounds faulty.

I've come across the problem before, where the deck has taken a knock and the motor has sprung loose from its suspension (which is basically a rubber band). hence the question about the spindle being vertical.

geir
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the replies. When I looked closer, the motor is indeed loose..

NottinghamEngland

Post Number: 8
Back to the shop then I'd suggest. If you are feeling brave you might undo the motor housing (couple of screws underneath) and see if you can put it right, but if its taken a hefty enough knock to knock the motor loose, then there is a good chance that's not the only thing that's not right. I'd return it me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us