Got RCA Lyra RD2850 to work!

Davene
Unregistered guest
Since I made a post Dec 31, 2005, I thot perhaps I should update. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what I did, but since someone emailed me about it, I thought I would write what I remember. Sorry. The initial problem was that the computer did not recognize the player when it was plugged in...Here is a copy of an email I sent--trying to explain how I got it to work. Perhaps it might help others.
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: rca lyra rd2850

I did fix it. I had to change something on my computer--darn I will try and remember..I called the toll-free number and the girl walked me through some steps on my computer and while it didn't help me then, I went ahead and played around with some of the things and changed something and then it worked. Since I am not a computer person, I don't remember where she took me on the computer--but places I normally don't use!

Hey I found my old message to RCA (sent Jan 5, 2006) after I "fixed" it, so perhaps something in it will help you. We have had absolutely no problems since and I wish I could be more helpful on what I exactly did. :-)
FYI, I called and though Joan was helpful and kind, she did not know exactly how to help me but did tell me the problem was with my computer and I needed to "reinstall." After hanging up, I played around with my computer and found the "reinstall" spot that I could not find on the phone with Joan. I reinstalled, it asked me for CD, I put in your CD, it took off the drivers. Then when I connected the Lyra 2850, and turned it on it did not recognize it until I hit the off switch. From then on, I always attached the Lyra, turned it on and then pushed the "off" button on the Lyra 2850--this does not turn it off but allowed the computer to see it. About the 5th hookup (or maybe it was a reboot?) my computer found the Lyra without the "off" button. It has now been working awesomely--I have over 400 of my husband's favorite songs on it and still have over 18 gigs left. Truly amazing. He has tried it in his car and is just in love with his new gift. This is about the best present I have ever given him. :-) Thank you so much! And if you see Joan--tell her thank you too!

----- Original Message -----
To: djmeehan@galaxynet.com
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 4:19 PM
Subject: RE: Install

Dear Customer:

Thank you for your recent inquiry concerning your Lyra Player.

We believe we can best answer your question by having you call a Thomson representative on our direct Lyra line at 580-634-0115 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. (EST).

Please have the model and serial number of the product available when you call. If you have questions about how to use your product or how to connect it to other products, we recommend you are with the product and have your owner's manual available at the time of your call.

If you cannot locate your owner's manual/instruction book, please visit http://www.thomsonnetwork.com and click on Instruction Books.

Thank you for contacting us and giving us this opportunity to assist you.

Sent: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 02:42:48 -0600
To: RCA_Product@customerlinx.com
Subject: Install

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us