Microphone hookup

I have a Sony system (amp, cd player, dual cassette deck) I am trying to hookup a microphone to something so I can record voice on the cassette deck. I tried connecting the microphone to the in on the cassette deck, but nothing records when I press record. I tried hooking into the phono jack in on the amp, since it isn't used, nothing. The tuner records to the cassetted deck but how can I record voice!!

Sorry typo on the email address. Correct address for Linda Young is as follows. Desert@dc.rr.com

Derek
You can buy a cheap Mike preamp / mixer from Radio Shack. The cheapest one I see costs $59

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll check it out

Unregistered guest
Before you spend $59 check the Mic volume controls or see if it has Automatic Level control (ALC). Also, make sure you are using the right kind of mic. It sounds like you are using a dynamic mic. If the input for the mic is for crystal, you will need to get a crystal mic or you will need to get a preamp.

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_of_cenla

Plaucheville, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 12
I bought a small mixer from Musician's Friend for about $10 more than the Radio Shack mixer, and it is much better. It is a Behringer Eurorack MX602A.

BOBBSTY
Unregistered guest
UH YAH!

dj???
Unregistered guest
can i hook up a radio shack mixer to a regular sony cd player and reciever?

molly kallies
Unregistered guest
wat one do i hook up a mic to im confused

Unregistered guest
i got a mic from wal-mart and hooked it up to a dell computer in the back where there was a hook up for a mic but how do i start using it and on what web site do i use one on? thanks beth

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5507
depends on what program you are using. MSN Messenger or Yahoo?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us