Axiom M3ti's or Paradigm Titans?

Username: Chrismorgan

Post Number: 4
Hey folks, would you all suggest Axiom M3ti's or Paradigm Titans for a budget of $250-300? Would you suggest somthing else? Thanks, Chris.

P.S. for classical Music

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Post Number: 366
If you like mushy soft sound, go with the Titan. If you like hard sound, Axiom.

By the way, this sight has good price on them - www.vertigoonline.com Search for "axiom" in the search box.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 71
I'm not sure I agree with you James nor do I know what "mushy soft sound" or "hard sound" means. The Paradigms should be had for under $200 and the Axioms for just over $200 so they are pretty similar in price. Here are two review sites for each:

www.goodsound.com/equipment/productoftheyear_2001.htm

www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_6_3/paradigm-titan-speakers.html

I have the Titans and think they are tight little buggers which deliver nice sound. I have never heard the Axioms so can't compare. There are many forums where these speakers are discussed but the best bet would be to hear both with a receiver similar to what you have at home. Good luck.

Username: Sssand2

Post Number: 10
Let me start by saying that I have not directly compared the Axioms to the Titans. I listened to the Titans at the dealer a while back and am currently audtioning the M3s. That being said, I would say that the Titans are more forward sounding in the mid range while the M3s are more laid back. The M3s are nice speakers but you may not like the mids as well. I'm told that the M2 is more forward from the mids on up but is light on the low end. However, it may be comparable to the Titans. For a bit more over your budget ($328/pr + shipping) you might try the Ascend CBM-170 found at www.ascendacoustics.com. A very neutral speaker that might work well for you. Another possibility is the Athena AS-B1 or B2 which you can get at BestBuy. These are very nice speakers that will fit in your price range. What receiver will you be using to drive these speakers?

Username: Chrismorgan

Post Number: 5
Thanks newbie, probably a Onkyo 8211 as that is what I can afford (around $200)

Chris

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
You can get Onkyo 8511 (100 watts per channel) for the same price if you don't mind refurb - sounds more dynamic and more involving sound. Pretty good smooth sound. I had 8211 but found it to be under powered and not as satisfying.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=292771

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=292771&store=pcmall&source=zwb 11876&adcampaign=email,zwb11876

This place sells a new one for $199 but is out of stock at the moment - perhaps you can get one when they restock it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
Sorry - not a new one but a refurb at PcMall as well.

Bronze Member
Username: David_r

Post Number: 36
http://www.stereophile.com/loudspeakerreviews/104epos/

HAwk recommends taking a look at this also

K. J. Foster
Unregistered guest
You can also get a refurb'd TX8511 from direct from Onkyo at http://www.shoponkyo.com/. I have one and I think it sounds great.

Unregistered guest
hi guys. am in the philippines,i like to buy a axiom grand master or paradigm focus,cc270,adp170 and ps 1000 or ps 1200,which of this two sets is better? the axiom site only offers to u.s and canada,any idea where i can order online?

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 37
While assembling an interim system, I relied on some Paradigm website reviews and other consumer input (audioreview.com) to make an uncharacteristically understudied choice on speakers. I grabbed a pair of Paradigm Titans and I didn't like them at all; more accurately I DISLIKED them. Hoping to optimize them, I tried my TWO new different cables on them, Straight Wire Sextet and Symphony, hoping to improve the sound, but it was no use. The bass was lacking, midrange was completely underdeveloped and there was no sparkle or "air" in the highest frequencies. I ended up returning them for the Pardigm Focus, have the Straight Wire Sextet attached and for $400 this is a worthwhile speaker system for the bedroom. The Titans also have the noisiest cabinets I've ever experienced in a speaker. Sonically, I'm afraid they're a waste of money except for the most mundane expectations.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us