Dali Evidence 470 Comments?

Username: Invierno

Post Number: 1
Has anyone listened to the Dali Evidence line, specifically the 470 tower? Any comments on these speakers?

I've been comparing these to the PSB 6T and though I like the sound of both, to me the Dali sounds somewhat warmer, just a little more detailed, and somehow slightly smoother (and therefore less wearying to the ears over time) than the PSB. The PSB's sound great, but I relax into the sound of the Dali Evidence more.

I realize that this is all subjective, but I don't know much about Dali, or about sound systems in general -- hadn't even been considering Dali until I listened to the 470's. So I'd like to get others' opinions on the Dali Evidence line.

I heard these on a NAD T763, which is likely the receiver I'll be getting to go with the speakers, if that helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

Post Number: 35
Dali is a very good speaker maker mostly unknown in the states. I have looked and listened to the Suite and Royal lines. The craftsmanship is awesome. I haven't listened to the Evidence line but since that is a step up in price, I am sure they are only better. What impressed me the most was the detail at both low and high volumes were virtually identical. I heard the Royal and Suites with an NAD as well and they were as good as more expensive Moniter Audio Golds sitting right next to them on the show room floor.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the info Stone. And yeah, I know the Evidence is a step up in price -- ouch.

Anyone else have opinions on the rest of the Dali line, even if you haven't heard the Evidence line?

Username: Ltotheh

Post Number: 6
I have listened to some of the Suite speakers, specifically the 1.7s quite a bit. When comparing them to anything from psb I was amazed. The psbs hurt my ears at loud volumes because of how bright they were. I listed to the Image4Ts the most.

I plan on buying some Suite 1.7s when I get the money.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Just wanted to give some feedback on the Dali Evidence 470 towers. I did finally decide to get them and have been listening to them on a NAD 773 for the last two weeks. I'm also running a Evidence C70 center and Dali Suite 0.8 rear surrounds.

For the first week or so, I was pretty happy with the 470's. They sounded quite good, though not as good as they had in the store. After a week of burning in, though, they started sounding better and better. During that second week they continued to improve, becoming more "liquid", smooth, detailed, warm, alive, and danceable.

At about two weeks, I had a friend who has a good Rotel separates system (stereo only) with B+W monitors over. He listened to some folk music from an artist he was familiar with and actually made an "mmmmmmmmmm..." of happy surprise at how good she sounded on these speakers.

I'm rediscovering my music collection with these speakers. Great stuff.

Anonymous

Hello Invierno,

How is your NAD/Dali combo doing?

I have the NAD 773 and NHT speakers. I am thinking about getting new speakers. Yesterday I listened to Dali Evidence 470 and I like them.
Did you order your speaker online? yes, website?
Have you had any issues with yours?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I'm enjoying the NAD/Dali combo greatly. The 470 are wonderful to listen to. I have not bi-wired them but may try in the next few weeks. They go low, but not so low that I don't need a sub to listen to rock with lots of bass.

I ordered the Dali's through a local Dali dealer -- you can check local dealers through http://www.dali-usa.com/Page.asp?MMID=4&PID=150 if you're in the US. I don't know if the web sellers of Dali are authorized dealers, which might make it difficult if you have problems with the speakers.

Anonymous

Thank you Invierno for the info.

How do you like your Dali C70? I want a really good center channel speaker cause I see a lot of movies and in my opinion that's the most important speaker for seeing movies.

any weakness?

thanks again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I can't give a true opinion on the C70 as I haven't listened to it enough with movies yet. Also I'm currently forced to position it a bit too high up and aim it down which isn't optimal.

What I can say is that it does appear to have very accurate reproduction of human voices. It doesn't go as low as the 470's of course so deep voices and some effects don't sound right without a sub. But with a good sub what I've heard so far sounds very good. I think that as it breaks in and I can finally posion it at the proper height I'll be very happy I got it.

Bronze Member
Username: Docdat

CopenhagenDenmark

Post Number: 13
I'll throw in a recommendation here. Try to listen to a Dali Grand Vocal center speaker if you can. Even though it's not in the Evidence series it'll fit right in.

The sound of the Grand Vocal is amazing. I've read that it actually uses the same silk dome unit as the high end Dali Euphonia speakers!

If you can find the Grand Vocal used, it's an fantastic center speaker. A new one is rather expensive though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us