HELP!!!! my jbl speakers are popping. Why???

Username: Urlacher

Post Number: 1
I have a Kenwood VR-7060 receiver as well as a jbl SCS160 speaker system and I'm having a problem with the speakers popping. At first I thought it was the speakers so I sent them back as I did with the receiver and I'm still getting the same annoying speaker popping. It almost sounds like sparking noise. What could be the problem? I have ruled out product malfunction because I switched them for new one and its still doing the same thing. Please give your ideas and solutions what I can do to resolve this problem. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 145
Check all speaker and cable connections thoroughly. Is the noise in both speakers? Can you switch them to a B connection? Does it happen with all audio sources?

Have you tried your speakers on a different unit?

Post Number: 3
I checked all the connections many times and they seem to be fine. My system is a 6.1 and the popping happens in every speaker not just 2. I havent tested it on another system but I do know for a fact that my receiver and my jbl speakers are both rated at 8 ohms. It does happen occasionally from all audio sources. I don't know if I added this before but the system is brand new. Could it be the speakers need to be broken in???

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
David

"Could it be the speakers need to be broken in?"

This has nothing to do with your problem. The fact that it sounds like a sparking noise is a little scary and I'd be careful about speaker damage.

You said you sent the receiver back. Did you get a replacment? If so, I wonder if it is from faulty batch. Apart from some interference or electrical supply problem I am at a loss.

Maybe take the unit back again, get them to test it on other speakers is all I can suggest.

Hopefully someone with some tech knowledge might offer some advice for you here.

Peter M
Unregistered guest
Check the AC power outlet. The plug to the receiver or sub might be loose. If that's not it and it's happening in all the speakers then it's got to be the receiver. If it was in one speaker or the fronts only, then it might be that speaker or the sub. Try exchanging the receiver again and make sure they are giving you a new one this time.

Post Number: 5
this is annoying me. All the connections are correct and I know for a fact that both the receiver and speakers are rated at 8ohm's.It doesnt happen all the time but frequently. I had a cheapo Kenwood Home theater in a box and I didnt have this problem. Could it be a power issue??? I'm at a loss for words.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
David

I think you should take it back to the dealer, get them to test it. Otherwise got to the Kenwwod website find the contact page and either email or phone them. But your dealer should sort this out for you!

Post Number: 6
I already sent them back to Vanns.com for replacement. I know for a fact that they are a registered Kenwood dealer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us