Help me Make an Offer for a Rega Planar 3 & Elys Cartridge (what's the value?)

Bronze Member
Username: Lovegasoline

NYC

Post Number: 58
Well, I hadn't intended to upgrade my turntable (an el cheapo Gemini bottom feeder type) until after I had gotten speakers and a stand alone CDP to replace the Philips DVD...or perhaps even FURTHER down the upgrade chain than that (after the inevitable upgrade to my super budget integrated amp??).

As I say, that was the plan. But out of the blue a guy local to me is selling a Rega Planar 3 turntable (not the newer R3) with an installed Rega Elys cartridge. Over the past couple months I've read many great reviews of this TT from satisfied owners, so I filed the Planar 3 away as the likely candidate for when my time to upgrade came (and even if I don't end up with the Planar 3, it's the benchmark price/performance level of TT I'm shooting for).

Seller claims it was purchased new by him in 1998 (cartridge mounted by the store he purchased from) and claims it was very lightly used, and it is in mint condition.
He has a Creek Phono Stage and Power Supply also, but no way I can afford them, I probably can't even afford the TT. I sense he's getting out of the analogue scene.
I offered him $350 for the TT/cartridge. He seems to feel that the offer is fair for the TT alone, but doesn't want to try and sell the cartridge separately, so he wants me to raise the offer so the cartridge isn't a giveaway. I do not think I can go much, if any higher.
What would a Blue Book-type value for this setup be?
What would be considered a GREAT DEAL? It would have to be a great deal to justify it at this time....I've checked Ebay of course but I couldn't get a clear snese of this setup's value.

Cartridges I have no real first hand knowledge of other than I just ordered a cheap $20 Sanyo to replace a damaged one on my Gemini. What is the expected lifespan of the Elys cartridge, either when played regularly or moderately.... and what about the general shelf life (does it deteriorate in quality in 7 yrs even if it were rarely or never played?). 7 years = 49 dog years: what is 7 yrs in Cartridge Years?

I don't have the listening experience to make an assessment of the upgrade in the sound the TT would offer me. I have a budget scene here, a mid 80s' Yamaha A-700 (int amp) and it does have a pre-amp...but I do not know what quality the pre-map circuitry is and how it would measure up to the needs of the Planar 3.
Speakers are going to be added shortly when I can find the time to do the auditioning.
My LPs were cleaned with the Diskwasher system, but were played on a hellishly old Panasonic all-in-one (Cassette tape, AM-FM, Turntable) rig from 1976! Maybe I don't want to hear what they will sound like on a better TT?!?

That's my situation. If you have any comments I'd appreciate hearing them.
Thanks a bunch!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5820

The internals of a cartridge don't wear out. The stylus will wear and the rubber mounting supports for the cantilever will eventually either wear out or dry out. The rubber pieces can go for a decade or more. The stylus is the most important consideration since it makes contact with the record surface and will damage your records if the stylus profile is worn down. The only way to tell what condition the stylus is in would be to look at it under a microscope or jeweler's loop. Lacking either of these two devices, you can only take his word that the stylus is in good condition. Is he someone you trust enough to take his word when it might damage your records? Of course, lacking these two devices, how would he know what condition the stylus is in? Amount of hours played? You can only take his word for that. I'd want more positive proof. You don't have to call him a liar concerning what he tells you. Just explain you'd like to have some proof of the stylus' condition before you up your offer. There are enough new cartridges in the past seven years that you can find a replacement for the Rega if need be. He isn't going to be using it, is he? He wants an upgrade and so do you.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1132315787

There's a Planar 3 with a more expensive cartridge on Audiogon. Use it as a bargaining tool.

I guess if it were my choice, I would tell the seller to prove the condition of the stylus, if he wants more money. And, I don't think a $225 (?) cartridge is worth more than a few more dollars anyway after seven years. So I doubt I would go much over $400 for everything if he can prove the stylus condition. Otherwise, tell him to keep the cartridge of unknown condition and you'll buy the table and get a cheap Grado or Audio Technica (with a new stylus) for now.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1134
I agree with Jan.

The MOFO has spoken.

Bronze Member

NYC

Post Number: 59
Jan you've offered good advice, as always. Thank you.

Do you think $350 is too much to pay for just the TT? The $350 offer I made was for both the TT & cartridge.
If negotiations advance (I haven't got back to him yet) and the cartridge is an issue ... if it comes down to it, can I inspect it? Although it may not be high enough in magnification, I have a very good 4x Rodenstock German made photographer's Loupe...would it do the job, and if so, how would I inspect (just make a lot of umms & uh ohs and frown)? Will the cartridge need to come off the TT (and if it can stay mounted how to inspect it that way)? The seller paid to get the TT set up 7 years ago (claims the dealer that sold it to him came to his home to set it up and mount the cartridge) and my impression is that he dreads disturbing it because he'll not be able to get the cartridge realigned again... hence his need to sell the TT/Cartridge as a combo. If we remove the cartridge and the deal falls through, he'll be standing there with the cartridge in one hand and TT in the other and I think he feels he will have a more difficult time selling it down the road. In fact, he will not ship the TT because he thinks it would then demand readjustment.
My impression is that he is getting out of LPs because he is willing to include several LPs of the buyer's choice if they pay his full, initial asking price for the entire outfit (TT/cartridge/pre amp/power supply).
Any thoughts on this?

Bronze Member
Username: Subiedriver

Post Number: 50
Lovegasoline,

I recently bought a new Rega P3 and I love it. I got the cheapest cartridge they make, the Bias, and it sounds great. I paid way more than $350 -- I think it was $800 with the cartridge, of which $95 was for the cartridge.

I think at $350 you are getting a steal. If you pay another $50 or $100 for the cartridge, why not? If you get it without the cartridge you're going to have to pay at least $100 for a cheap cartridge and then pay someone to install, align, etc.

I think it's easy to get hung up about money on these things (I'm guilty of this myself). But whenever I've bought a piece of gear that was really good, and lasted, and was reliable, etc., I don't even remember what I paid.

You're going to have this P3 for a long time and really enjoy it, right? It is a classic piece of gear. Don't sweat it over a few bucks. I've done it myself and I know it's easy to get into that mindset when you're the one spending the money. But take it from someone outside the situation -- just get the table and enjoy it.
$350 is not a lot of money in any context.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Also--when you go from the old bottomfeeder table to the P3 you will see a HUGE difference. I upgraded from a 25-year-old Philips turntable and was really amazed by the difference.
Considering how even some expensive investments can make such a little difference in sound, I'd say the $350 you spend will deliver great bang for the buck.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5824

Hubert's correct. Don't sweat it over a few dollars. Stretch as far as you can to make the deal work. You will have a good deal and a bargain to boot. You'll own the table for quite a while and when you sell it you'll probably recoup everything you've got invested in a used Planar 3.

You really need to remove the cartridge, or at least the stylus assembly, to check the stylus' condition. A microscope works best with two lights that can focus on the sides of the stylus tip. With a loop it is more difficult to see the exact shape of the stylus. Under a microscope with a light source for each side of the stylus edge, you should see minimal light reflected back from the edges of the stylus. As the stylus wears the amount of light reflected becomes larger as the edges of the stylus wear down and become flat. When the edges appear flat instead of sharp, the stylus is worn out. If one side of the stylus is more worn than the other, that would be something to note.

I wouldn't make anyone remove the cartridge to check the stylus. Just use the fact that the stylus condition is an "unknown" until that is done to bargain with. Setting up a Rega is pretty simple stuff. Aligning a cartridge is not difficult if you have patience and a steady hand. You will need a two point protractor to align the cartridge properly.

Make the deal work with or without the cartridge. You'll be happy with the table and you want the seller to feel like he got a decent deal also.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 574
"I agree with Jan.
The MOFO has spoken."

I'm sure Jan needs your approval on every one of his posts.

Bronze Member

NYC

Post Number: 60
Jan, thank so much once again. That's sterling technical advice as well as impeccable negotiation tactics.
Jan & Hubert: "$350 is not a lot of money in any context". Except if one is broke, unemployed, in debt, and buying gobs of electronics! The reason for the price stress isn't because I don't think the items aren't worth it, I'm just so overstrungout financially that this TT isn't even an option now...it's suicide...if my situation weren't so fiscally dire, I'd have no prob at all stepping up my offer and the TT'd be here by my side as I write this to you. Also, I sense seller wants around half of what he paid for his cartridge, whether that's realistic or not (doubtful as Ebay sells new-in-box Elys carts for $80-90). I made him my counter offer and I'll wait for his response. It's the fact that it's local and seems like it could be a good buy that I'm even shimmying out on the limb to consider the purchase (how's that for rationalizing a new found obsession?). You know, a couple months ago I had the realization that I was thorougly bored listening to my recorded music...period - - and that maybe for $300 or so I could improve the sound of my lowest tier groveler level equipment and rediscover the pleasures of music...plus play my old inert LPs to boot. Well, I've accomplished that goal (heck, I just bought an immaculate 1st Gen 5GB iPod last week for $70 shipped w/ 7hrs battery life per charge). In any case I've rediscovered the joy of listening to music (err, was that iPod comment a drive by gloat?) I now download AIFF files for free, my iBook w/ iTunes plays them through my amp and I can receive WFMU in streaming media to boot! The TT would shoot me WAY past my budget, but I see the sickness is upon me so what am I to do?
Hurbert I suppose you are what...an enabler? I feel your gentle yet firm push from behind. And Jan, with 5,824 posts and counting....

You're both right. Now I just wait and see if I have a deal.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1146
$350 would be a great deal if the turntable is in decent shape. Did you see an entry from Stu Pid? True to his name.

The MOFO has spoken.

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 587
That's why I chose it. It was a toss up between Stu Pitt and Lou Zer. In the end I didn't want to step on your toes too much so I left Lou Zer for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Ouch! Cat fight. Easy now, ladies. It's just stereo equipment.
LG, as much as I enjoy my P3, if it's going to break your finances I'd say it's not worth it. I mean, yes, it sounds good. But not good enough to go broke over. And if $350 is the difference between you and the bread line, stereo gear maybe should take a back seat for a while. (Just my opinion.)
I have a friend who bought a car he couldn't really afford. It was only a Passat but for hiim this was a lot of money. Now he stresses out bigtime about being broke all the time because he's got this car payment. Personally, I'd rather drive a cheaper car and not worry about money.

Ditto for the turntable. Why buy it now if you don't have the money? There are always used P3s available for sale.

And you are right, I'm an enabler. Sorry.

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 647
LG--Hubert offers much wisdom. If you're going to rue and stress out about buying the tt, you should pass. Waiting until you're on better financial footing would make it a more pleasurable buying experience.

On the other hand, if you're the throw-caution-to-the-wind type and will get a lot of pleasure from listening to a b!tch!n table with no regrets about spending money you don't have and don't mind living on ramen noodles, then go for it.

The right decision depends on the kind of person you are. Judging by your posts, my guess is that you should wait.

All the best.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5827

I would venture to guess our friend has a clear understanding of what he should do and what he wishes to do.

Bronze Member

NYC

Post Number: 63
LOL!
Actually, I thought my offer of $350 for a mint Planar 3 + the lightly used Elys cartridge was at or well BELOW the lowest threshold of what ANY individual would sell that combo for.... I made the offer with the knowledge that more than likely it would be refused - but - with the intention that if it WAS accepted, I'd get about as good a deal as could be got for the gear. My bid was engineered to protect me (i.e. no money spent) but if it DID succeed, the score would be so b|tchin' that it would counter balance any buyer's regret or money strain. That's how I'm going about my deals now in building a budget quality system while I'm in bottom feeder mode... and to do that with minimal resources, one needs the discipline to toe the line ...
or everything sh|ts the bed rather quickly.

It's the reason I'm adamant about not upping my bid (by even just $50 bucks) even when advised by very well meaning and supremely knowledgeable people that paying just a bit more for this combo is very worth it and is STILL a great bargain that shouldn't be passed up.
The turntable complicates things for me because I have the quantity of LPs where I could never listen to them again (haven't in 10 yrs anyway) by replacing them with other media ... or I could listen to what I currently have with my $20 replacement cartridge (arriving anyday ) and/or I can improve the playback enjoyment with a better TT and perhaps increase my collection size. I just sense that the LP market has taken a turn in recent years from dirt cheap 'take them off my hands' and has crystallized into a specialty market where prices are increasing... if so, the latter makes the LP format less desirable to me. Also, I'm working towards a more fluid mobile lifestyle where I'll be spending large tracks of time living under the stars out of a rig interspersed with homebound/art studio stints. So unless I get some sort of recording methodology together for LPs they will not have the versatility that CDs have for me currently.
The iPod drive by gloat mentioned above was one of those great deals for me. It wasn't budgeted but when I saw it, it justified the price. My Sony CD diskman sounds better, but certainly better headphones, better file formats, and other tweaks can be had to improve the sound. With iTunes (and soon better burning software) and the ability to download fantastic music off the web (ranging from Lossless to low bit MP3 and varieties in between) and play it through my home system, have it mobile as well, arrange playlists on the fly... it's a perfect medium for me. A perfect match for my time and place. For ex., at age 42 I'm just discovering my Dead head. I've owned a few of their recordings and at times have listened to them very heavily (the jamming stuff is great art making music), but I never systematically pursued the range of their music. With iTunes and sites like this:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?cat=Grateful%20Dead

I have launched into the stratosphere with an embarrassment of musical riches .. all free! And fast. And convenient.

So I see myself moving in the digital direction, but also curious about the lesser-known fruits of analogue which have been withheld from me with my cheap TT. And I do want to integrate and unify everything as much as possible without detracting from the sound quality...I'm getting my education in the latter mostly thanks to this site and the great individuals who hang here along with my modest investment in equipment. A new discernment in sound quality in upon me.

I'm upgrading my computer gear and heavily retraining myself with computer graphic skills I studied in the early 90's with the intention of entering the workplace this fall, so although I'm in debt, there's $$ flow around the corner.

It's out of my hands now anyway, fate will dictate what the TT seller will do.

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 648
LG--interesting post there. You're right about the escalating cost of vinyl. It's getting harder to find bargains. You need to spend more time and dig harder to get records at a decent price, basically at estate/garage sales and thrift stores. The cost of vinyl at my local record store seems to rise by the month. Lots of demand and limited supply. Also, it's definitely not the right format if you're pursuing a mobile lifestyle. I've done a lot of traveling recently and found my iPod to be the perfect musical companion. I'd easily sacrifice hi-fi sound for the ability to carry my music collection in the palm of my hand. IMO there are virtues to both turntables and iPods. I hope your job prospects work out soon to allow you the ability to enjoy both the analog and digital worlds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
I agree that if you are planning to be living out of your car, a turntable is not a wise investment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
One more thing:

I have not bought and sold much audio gear; just bought and kept.
But I have bought and sold a lot of cars. And every time I advertised a car for sale I got at least one guy (and usually more) who only wanted the car if he got a steal on it, and who would make some ridiculously low offer and then keep calling to see if I'd changed my mind, grown desperate, etc.

I think those guys didn't even really want the cars; they wanted the thrill of taking advantage of someone and getting something for a lot less than what it was worth. I think they got some weird satisfaction from f***ing someone over, driving some hard baragain out of some poor guy who was "desperate." There was always something gross and offensive about it. Luckily I was never selling a car because I was desperate. So I never even talked to those guys. I mean, sure, I'd come down on my price a little with a real buyer. But I wasn't going to bend over for some guy who was only going to buy my car if he could get it for "less than blue book."

I sometimes feel bad for hifi store owners who can't just hang up the phone the way I could with the car stealers. Instead they have to hang out in their shops and get haggled to death by cheapskates and bargain hunters.

I was in my local favorite stereo shop one day, talking to the owner, when a guy came in, looked at the Tivoli Model One radio, which is a darn fine radio and definitely worth the $100 or whatever it costs -- and this guy's first question wasn't "how does it sound," or "can it pull in stations really well" but rather -- how much will you take off? The store owner explained that his price was already below list, and was as cheap as Internet sellers, and that he made hardly anything on the radio but sold them because they are really good and he likes them and his customers like them. The guy still kept pushing for a few bucks off and then left because he couldn't get a "deal."

I mean, WTF? First of all how much margin do you think there is in a 100-dollar radio? And how much can the guy take off? What do you think is a fair price for this radio? Would you be happy if the dealer sold it for less than what he'd paid, ie if he lost money on the deal?

Mind you, this is in Cambridge, Mass., in a location where to park your car for an hour in a garage costs 10 bucks and lunch for 2 in the Vietnamese noodle shop downstairs costs 20 bucks. And this guy was pissed because a radio that will give you great sound for decades costs -- gasp -- a hundred dollars. I'm all for being a smart shopper but man you can get carried away.

Please, for your own sake and the sake of the guy selling the Rega and for the karma of the table itself, do not buy this Rega turntable. I'm sure if you visit yard sales you can find an old highly valuable turntable that some poor widow is throwing out or selling for 5 bucks because she don't realize what it's really worth and you'll get a "steal."

Bronze Member

NYC

Post Number: 64
Hubert,
The guy that's selling the TT is very knowledgeable about audio gear, the value of what he has, and where it is situated in the hierarchy of analogue equipment.
He'll sell the TT for my offered price he just doesn't want to separate the cartridge. FWIW, my final offer was $380.

I don't recall writing that I was pestering or annoying the seller. I'm not bugging or stalking the man. On the contrary our communications have been nothing but cordial and friendly... I simply made an offer...he's interested in my offer and followed up on it bringing the negotiations to the next stage...and I made another offer. He will take it or leave it...and hopefully not lose any sleep over it either way. Neither should you. I'm certainly not.

Nor do I take some perverse pleasure in jerking some seller around, after the satisfaction of focking some guy over. I think you're reading a lot into this situation.... and letting some distasteful experiences in your past color your perceptions.

--------------------------------

Regarding haggling & the deals you've seen go down...
It's nothing.
Here in NYC... the horse trading is endemic...from hawkers on the street corners with DVDs, to scalpers and bankers with stacks of $100s smacking hands off the subway ramp at the US Open, to whatever combustion is taking place in board rooms and agents offices... if you removed the haggle this city would come to a screeching halt.
There's a time to wheel and deal and I time to lie out under the stars.

I agree with you on many counts but with one proviso: if one has the luxury of ample means which allows the largess of paying top dollar, then they also have the benefit of receiving the accompanying velvet treatment and the luxury of turning their nose up at bargain hunters...the unwashed masses. In fact paying less is often an insult to the status satisfaction of the transaction of the financially well endowed. Bottom feeders have it different.
When I've been flush with cash it's great to not stress over the price of things...walk in a grocery store and if they ask twice as much, who cares? And what's with those elderly women and their ridiculous coupons fussing over pennies? OTOH I've spent much time observing two cultures: tourists who are reamed $8 for powdered eggs and the dirtbag climbers who eat their scraps off the table after they've left. I've thrown my lot in with the latter and the living has never been better!

I feel no shame whatsoever (or karmic repercussions) in looking for the best price I can in a used TT. The same goes for scarfing food leftovers. Maybe the biggest karmic bruise (for one who doesn't believe in karma) was the years I worked as a bartender & waiter at the private parties of the wealthiest NYC socialites... where the waste and bloat was beyond description ... and expense never an issue.
If you think watching dirtbag climbers eat is offensive, you'd be APPALLED at observing waiters eat...it ain't a pretty sight!

Bronze Member

NYC

Post Number: 65
TC,
I've not shopped for LPs in many years, and never after the CD consolidated its position as the dominant audio medium. I've only recently poked around casually on the web and looked at a few albums in a local used CD store. I was a little shocked to see the prices. My perception was that vinyl was pretty cheap... but I've not seriously made the rounds here in NYC as far as mining the possible bargains. If that's what it takes to get LPs at a good price (garage sales, scouring the thrift stores) I doubt I'd have the time or dedication to devote to that...but who knows. In years past, I've passed by several post LP era, vinyl-only music stores in NYC and never bothered to do more than peek inside. I'll start to take more of an interest now if only to see what the prices are. If supply is really diminishing and prices steadily climbing, with reissues treated as specialty items for collectors with attendant prices, then I'll need to rethink any heavier immersion in the analogue scene.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5857

http://www.vinylengine.com/stylus.shtml

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5858

http://members.lycos.co.uk/jeffdammer/files/cartridge/cartridge.pdf

Bronze Member

NYC

Post Number: 66
Jan,
Thanks for the cartridge/setup URLS. They filled in allot of grey areas for me.

P.S.: The seller of the Planar 3/Elys wants $450 ($100 for the cartridge) so I'm passing on it.
However, I did receive the replacement stylus for my Gemini table a couple days ago so my LPs are spinning again. It'll be interesting to compare this table's reproduction to the next one when I upgrade.
Back to the hunt.

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 601
LG - If you're looking for a great sounding and inexpensive TT, check out the Pro-Ject Debut III. I picked one up for $280, and it comes with an Ortofon Cart already mounted. It was a huge improvement over my Technics TT. I got mine from Harvey's in CT. They are a mid-fi to upper end chain store. They have a bunch of stores in NY, NJ and CT. Harvey's doesn't list it under their brands for some reason. You could call the closest one to you to find out if they carry it. They also generally don't have any TT's on display, so you'd have to order it. They told me they would give me store credit if I didn't like it. If I really wanted to, I could have gotten them to agree to a cash refund, but I had a back up plan as to what to buy if it went back.

http://www.harveyonline.com

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 602
One more thing - Do you know of any record stores in Manhattan? I can't seem to find any. I buy vinyl whenever I visit my family in Albany. Their are about 5 stores that sell new and used vinyl in Albany.

If you don't mind shopping online -
http://www.lastvestige.com/

It's a small mom and pop shop in Albany where I've bought 99% of my vinyl in the last year or so. They've got just about anything you can think of, they describe their products right, and and very reasonably priced.

Bronze Member

NYC

Post Number: 67
Stu,
I appreciate the head's up on the Pro-Ject Table. Since I'm doing the budget thing, I've been looking mainly at used to maximize the bang for buck, but I know there's also good deals on new out there. I've read so much positive about the Rega it sort of jumped out at me.

There are several vinyl stores in Manhattan. In the upcoming weeks I'll keep my eyes open and report back.
For openers, there's Bleeker Bob's, which I spent some time in last week....they have a good Vinyl selection...it's one of the LP era stores that underwent many changes through the years to keep afloat (I recall at one point they looked like they were sinking). They now sport a Headshop against their store front on the sidewalk.
...yet still maintains a loyalty to LPs, though they also sell Cds
They are on Bleeker St @ 4th Ave in Greenwich Village, just up the block from the West 4th St. A/C/D/F subway stop.

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 612
Thanks. I'll definately have to stop in next time I'm down that way. Had I know a week or two ago, I'd have stopped in when I was in the area for the San Genero festival in Little Italy. I remember hearing the name, but like everything else in the City, they come and go. I thought it was an old store that isn't around anymore. BTW, was that the same store Kramer and Newman were trying to sell records to in Seinfeld?

About the Pro-Ject - It's a great TT for the money, but it's not a Rega. Not that that's a bad thing. I couldn't be happier with mine for the money it cost me. If you're intent on finding a Rega TT, the lower end table (P2 or P3? I think P3 replaced the P2) is also sold as a NAD 533. With a NAD name plate instead of a Rega, it may be a few bucks cheaper. I think a new NAD MSRP is cheaper than a new Rega. I've seen them a few times over the last year or two on e-bay, but they aren't too common. I don't think a lot of people know it's the same table.

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 613
Sorry, I just remembered that NAD has sold other TT's in the past. I don't know if they also are re-badged Regas or not. The only one I know for sure is the 533. If you see other NAD models on e-bay or other places, do some research to make sure it's what you're looking for.

Bronze Member

NYC

Post Number: 69
Thanks. IIRC the NAD 533 is a rebranded Rega P2.
There are other Vinyl stores I've passed by but didn't pay attention to, even some that are EXCLUSVIELY vinyl...one of the latter not far from Astor Place in the East Village. WHen I get better info I'll post it.
Can't remember the Seinfeld episode, but yeah, Bleeker Bob's had been there when I arrived in NYC (1983) and even then it looked like it had already been around forever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us