Speaker switching with volumes


New member
Username: Wobbilywarren

Post Number: 1
Registered: Apr-04

ive run Speaker cable to areas in my house and was looking at getting this from QED


However i wanted a seperate rotary control to control the volume in each area at source, does anyone know a product or give me directions to a circuit diagramme please

Thanks for your help


Unregistered guest
Go to any high end shop that does whole house systems and they can give you product and layout recommendations for your specific system. Check two or three stores and you should have the information you need. This shouldn't be hard to accomplish. There are a handful of companies that make the type of products you are looking for and their products can range from the very simple to the very elaborate and expensive. Make certain your amplifier can drive the number of speakers at the combined impedance load or you will be looking at either a distribution system that can get rather expensive (the best are done with autoformers) or a new amplifier (either now or very soon after your first party). Most contemporary receivers can't handle much beneath 4 ohms. And remember that most speakers are not a consistent impedance but can vary widely over their frequency range. You need to know this swing to accurately figure total impedance load. A store that doesn't ask a few questions is of no use to you. And you cannot just hook up speakers to a switch and expect everything to be hunky-dory. The brand of electronics you own can also effect your choice as many manufacturers are now including switches and triggers that are designed to work with their own or a recommended brand of distrbution devices. You might want to dig out your owners manuals and take them along to the stores.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us