NAD 753 paired with?

Bronze Member
Username: Costar

Post Number: 12
Guys,

I've finally settled on the 753 to begin my ht experience. Many people here have helped and for that I appreciate all your assistance! My question is now I have decided that, how about some suggestions on what speakers will do this receiver justice!! I've looked through here and discovered a number of speakers I had never heard of. Maggie's for one are very intriguing right now, as hawk says he's never hear a better loudspeaker. I also like their 60 day in home trial, however I'm not convinced I will get the true ht experience out of them, as I hear most users say Jazz and classical sound wonderful, and this is not what they would be used for. My room is 17'x 14' with a vaulted ceiling, and is entirely open to left, consisting of the kitchen and dining room. Should this layout be taken into consideration when selecting speakers? My budget would be around $600 for the pair of floorstanders. I am piecing the system together slow as the budget allows. Thanks for all help in advance!!

Bronze Member
Username: Costar

Post Number: 13
BTW, I was more than impressed by the recent listen at Best Buy of the Athena AS-F2's, so I am not too difficult to please. If I can get something for around the same cost that sounds equally good or better I'd be a very happy man!!I've heard Athena might not pair well with the NAD, however I will keep them on the back burner.

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 96
Christopher,

As a Maggie owner I couldn't agree with Hawk more. They are the finest speakers I have ever heard, or owned. The MMG's @ $550 a pair have to be the best bargain in audio. They will sound wonderful with a NAD. Give them a try, I think you'll be pleased.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 333
Christopher,
I can't speak to the Maggies anymore as there has not been a dealer in my area for a long time. If you are in my situation or you don't feel they meet your needs for whatever reason give the Paradigm Monitor 7 a listen. They list for $699 and you should be able to get a pair for $625 or less at any retailer. Very good match with NAD. Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 36
Christopher,

I have not heard the Magnepans, but you should seriously consider them. I have heard very high praise and read good reviews. Your room set up is very important, however. I presume you could discuss this with the company and describe the room layout to them. A problem might be that if you buy the Magnepans as main speakers, what will you use as surrounds? If your wall is compeletly open to the left, are you going to have to use in-ceilings? Will other Magnepans mount on the ceiling? Will other speakers match the Magnepan sound? LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 98
Christopher,

Jonathan does raise some good questions.
Magnepan does make a center channel speaker, and wall mount models if you go with an all Maggie system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us