Best bang for the buck

Unregistered guest
i have a mitsubishi 65in. tv
a dennon 1804
a dennon dvd910
and right now a sony surrond system

im looking for new speakers for a 5.1 setup..
I was looking at either definitive pm900 for front and pm500 for rears or
nht or b&w what would yoou guys suggest i get

ny room size is about 20x20 with vaulted cielings and onopens to the kitchen so i really only have three walls to work with

johnk
Unregistered guest
please help

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 434
the definitves are very nice and should really bring out the detail in your movies and music. However, I would also look at replacing your Sony surround sytem, they are really holding back the Definitive's properties, I'm not sure what type of Sony system you have, but they usually have weak power supplies.
For the Definitive's I would get an HK or a NAD.
cheers

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 326
johnk,
I take it from your original post you have a Denon 1804 receiver and are looking for a good surround system to match with it. You have not stated a budget but my recommendation without breaking the bank would be Paradigm Monitor 7 for fronts, the cc370 center and the Mini-Monitors for surrounds or if you want dipolar surrounds the ADP170 or any other of their dipolars. The PS1200 would be the sub I would go with. It would be hard to find a better system for the money to match a Denon with and would fill your space very nicely. I would not pair the Denon with the Def Tech's; to bright for me. Good luck and check out Paradigm's website for specific info.

anon
Unregistered guest
therealelitefan---would this be a good system for sacd and/or dvd-audio?

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 468
johnk:

Well, we all have our own bias, depending upon what we like, but I would suggest NHT speakers for your set up. In particular, I would strongly suggest the new L-5, which is an on-wall mounted three way speaker that is simply superb. You have not suggested a budget, but the L-5s can be had for about $350-375/each (check with Kiefs for current price--www.kiefs.com for the phone number). NHT is a very good match for your Denon, too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us