Olive introduces Musica - 40,000 songs throughout your home.

Username: Communication

Post Number: 3
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Olive introduces Musica - 40,000 songs throughout your home.

SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- September 14th 2005 -- Olive Media Products, Inc., a developer of innovative digital audio systems, today announced the Musica, the latest addition to its award-winning line of wireless music centers. Designed to eliminate the PC as the center of digital music at home, the Musica's extensive feature set rejoices the heart of every music enthusiast.

Getting music onto the Musica is simple. With the push of a single button users can record, tag and archive their music CD. The ultra-quiet hard drive holds up to 40,000 songs. In addition, the Musica allows users to burn and copy music CDs, update their Apple iPod, record music from analog sources such as turntables or tape decks, and access music stored on a networked Mac or PC1. Combined with the (optional) wireless music receiver, the Sonata, users can enjoy music in up to 20 rooms.

Designed for the audiophile, the Musica features Olive's Digital Pure Audio technology, which has received wide press recognition for its superb audio fidelity in Olive's classical music solution, the Symphony.

"The introduction of the Symphony provided valuable feedback from a community that shares our passion for music." said Oliver Bergmann, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Olive Media Products, Inc. "The Musica realizes some of these ideas, and adds unique features to address open niche markets."

One of these unique features allows the Musica to actively harmonize the music volume to correspond with a specific atmosphere. A feature that is of great benefit for businesses such as bars, hotels, or restaurants.

The Musica in brief.

A central place for all your music.
• Ultra-quiet 160GB hard drive stores up to 40,000 songs.
• Record analog media such as tape or vinyl directly to the hard drive.
• Listen to a wide variety of internet radio stations or add your own.
• Access music stored on networked Mac or PC1.

Music to go.
• Burn or copy music CDs.
• Update your Apple iPod.

Multi-room sound.
• Built-in 4-port Ethernet hub and wireless access point (802.11g).
• Stream music to up to 20 rooms.
• Wireless music receiver (Sonata) optionally available.

Dynamic Audio Compression.
• Dynamic leveling of volume (lows and peaks) so music is always audible.
• Set maximum volume output to harmonize with atmosphere.

High-fidelity audio.
• IBM 32-bit PowerPC handles en-/decoding of multiple audio streams without audio degradation.
• Store music in lossless quality (AIFF, WAV, FLAC) or lossy compression (MP3, up to 320 kBit/s).
• Output to stereo system via digital (S/PDIF optical / TOSLINK coax) or analog ports (gold-plated RCA).
• Low power consumption (7W in Play) allows fan-less design.
• Custom-built linear power supply with minimum noise interference to DAC. Special 'soft' rectifier prevents sound distortion from the supply voltage, transformer's low leakage design avoids interruptions from the mains.

Ease of use. Beautiful design.
• Integrates seamlessly into your existing HiFi system.
• High-resolution wide-screen LCD.
• Two-level jog-wheel provides intuitive way to browse and select music.

Preload.
• Free preload of the customer's music collection with the purchase of the Musica (limited time offer).

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The Musica will be available beginning of October for US$1,099. Products are available directly by phone (1.877.BY.OLIVE) or online at www.olive.us. Burtek Systems Inc. handles the exclusive distribution of the Musica for the Canadian market. Contact Burtek toll free at (800) 287 8359 or www.burtek.com.

ABOUT OLIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Olive is a privately held company driven by a team of music aficionados with a vision to create the perfect audio experience. With a deep understanding of audio and convergence technology, Olive solutions deliver the best of both worlds, combining high fidelity sound and innovative features with intuitive navigation and attractive design. For more information about Olive and its many fine products visit www.olive.us or call 1.877.BY.OLIVE.

FOR MEDIA INFORMATION
Olive Corporate Communications
Telephone: (415) 908 3870
E-mail: communication@olive.us

TRADEMARKS
Olive is a registered trademark of Olive Media Products, Inc. in the US and in the countries where Olive products are sold or distributed. Olive Musica, Symphony, Sonata, Digital Pure Audio, and Preload are trademarks of Olive Media Products, Inc. Other brands and names are the property of their respective owners.

1 Apple iTunes or UPnP compatible software required. PC/Mac must be connected to network.
Upload

Miss B
Unregistered guest
Dear Santa,
I want an Olive Musica for Christmas.
I have been a VERY good girl!
Thank You,
Miss B
ps: what is your favorite cookie?

Unregistered guest
Can I play my 33 LP Records on my turntable, then route the output signal to the Olive Musica so that the LP msic is recorded digitally and can now be stored or burnt to CD.

Anonymous

yes Neil, you can use the analog input and make digital recordings of your LP's and once they are in the music library, burn them to CD.

Unregistered guest
Based on what I have read on the Olive Website and several magazine articles, it appears that Musica will be a good fit for one of my Stereo Systems. I plan to convert all my 33 records, cassette tapes and part of my Classical CD Collection so I can play this music on demand from several rooms in my home. But I don't know any retailer around Chandler, AZ that handles this product? I want to see this in operation first before any purchase is made.

Anonymous

Will this product be suitable for 220V electricity and available for overseas market? as I'm living in HongKong.

Anonymous

check out www.hermstedt.de (the page is in german)
thats the german company behind the olive brand.
There is an email adress info@hermstedt.de
In Germany the Musica is called "hifidelio". Germany has 220v. Don't know if they ship to HK.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us