What causes the subwoofer to kick on.

Bronze Member
Username: Urlacher

Post Number: 45
I have a analog cable signal running to my TV then the TV to my sub. My red light is on which mean it isnt detecting a signal. Is this normal? What cause the sub to kick on?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 934
Your connection scheme is unusual. Most tvs do not have a sub out. Sub is kicked on in response to low frequency signal from amp/receiver. How low depends on crossover setting and other factors. Detail your set up.

Bronze Member
Username: Urlacher

Post Number: 46
i'm sorry I must have mixed my words. What I meant was I have a normal analog signal going to my TV and then from the TV to the receiver. My sub doesnt recongnize a signal when i'm watching TV all the time. Why is this and what causes the sub to kick on. Sorry for the mix up.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 939
Could be any number of reasons including crossover and volume settings, tvs inability to convey low frequency info or lack of low frequency info in certain programming.

Anonymous

I have a MERAK MS-885 SUbWOOFER that lately stopped responding to the signal coming from my pioneer amp. The unit powers up when it does receive the signal but never produces and sound. I have checked all the connections and can get an audible hum (feedback) when I cross over the wires. I checked the fuse in the subwoofer and looked for any loose wires. Still nothing. Any suggestions ? Does anyone know where I can get a wiring schematic for this unit ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us