100-150 watt 8 ohm sub amp????

Username: Airbornflght

Post Number: 1
Alrighty...I have a small mini system in my room and it puts out plenty of mids and highs but it doesnt really have any omph when it comes to bass thanks to the small 6" drivers.

So im looking at a pioneer 8 ohm subwoofer to use for my room and place it under my bed or somewhere convenient.

but I'm pretty sure that i need an amp cause my system is only pushing out 30 watts a channel, and that would not drive a sub. I need high (speaker) level inputs since thats the only outputs I have on it.

I can build the sub and box for about $125 and am allowing around $30 for a high-pass??(always get them confused) filter if the sub doesnt already have one. but ive had a hard time findig one of those for a 8 ohm system too.

and I kind of want the compactness of a car type amplifier since my room is very small.

so Im needing an amp and a high pass filter. the woofer is a PIONEER A30IR50-51F good down to 19 Hz and up to 5 KHz, what would be a good cut-off frequency for the filter, I was thinkin maybe around 200-300 hz since im only needing it for bass.

Help is apreciated.

Username: Airbornflght

Post Number: 2
nevermind I found what I needed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us