YAMAHA solution

Anonymous

i really like the looks and features of the yamaha 1400, but after hearing it, it sounded thin and not full. i heard it with mission speakers. even with the yamaha speakers too the sound was not too good. is there a speaker in the market that can make the yamaha amp sound good and full. thankyou

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 46
Paradigms are one good match option with Yamaha you may want to give a listen to.

Anonymous

which paradigms also are psb also a similar to the paradigms

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 47
I haven't personally compared the psb's but I have heard they are comparable to Paradigms. As far as which Paradigm model, you'll have to let your budget and room size drive that decision.

AA
Unregistered guest
I paired the Yamaha 1400 with Paradigm Studio 60 V.3's after listening to several other makes of speakers i.e. Mission, Energy, KEF, Totem, Def Tech's, etc. My Paradigm expereince began with the Monitor 7's and 9's, but once I heard the Studio series, there was no going back. I found the speakers to be very detailed, although initially a little bright. After about 100 hr break in period, they sounded great. Bottom line is that they worked out great for me. I would strongly suggest listening to them.

Anonymous

thanks AA, the studio 60 is 200 watts can the yamaha 1400 do the job right.

Bronze Member
Username: Cargoil

San Diego, Ca US

Post Number: 18
You might try a pair or set of Wharfdales. Great price, Bi wired, and did very well with my 1300 Yami. They have a good web site and good deals at wildwest electronics.

AA
Unregistered guest
Anonymous,

Since I'm using my system for 90%+ music, running them in 2 channel/Direct Stero mode works very well for me. Paradigm's web site states the 60's are listed as a 150 watt max input speaker with suitable amp power of 15-200 watts. I was fortunate enough during my speaker auditioning to test each set of speakers with the 1400. This gave me a much better reference point. I've found the 1400 to be a good machine and enjoy the sound produced when paired with the 60's. Good luck in you auditioning.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 280
I recently spent some time listening to the Yamaha 2400 paired with the Paradigm Monitor 7's. I took my usual test sources with me that are very bright and found the combination to be pretty nice and not bright like past Yamaha's have been but I agree the sound even through the Paradigm's was a bit thin. All in all an improvement from past Yamaha's enough for me to recommend it to someone with the right speakers like Paradigm or PSB. I wish Yamaha had the sense to keep the subout active in direct mode like most other brands do but the improvement and the lack of past brightness makes up for that oversight. I would not however pair this receiver with the Paradigm Studio series in most cases as the Studio's deserve a bit better receiver like a NAD or Rotel. The 2400 with the Monitor series is a logical match and for the money a pretty good one. I prefer a warmer, thicker sound but this is a good combination nonetheless.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us